Cleaned engine bay and stuck on hose covers
Steering wheel and rev counter
8 ball gear knob
Front grille
Driving lights and LED sidelights
6x9's in rear quarters
Exhaust
Renault 5 wheels
Blue speedo etc (will get pic uploaded later)
Alarm

If you have any questions about parts or how I did these mods just ask.

09-06-07_1838.jpg

23-06-07_1901.jpg

12-06-07_1332.jpg

LED1.jpg

wheels3.jpg

LED1.jpg

02-06-07_1315.jpg

22-08-07_1212.jpg

wheels.jpg

Looking good Olly, are those Cruise-Lite Ice you have fitted? Liking the hoses. That speedo is huge man. What happened to the Air Filter?

The air filter is sat on my desk as I am awaiting warmer weather, the standard airpan has a hole in the back lol.

And yes those are cruise light ice, bought of ebay for 18 quid, no doubt I was ripped off terribly.

Looking back at things I've done my car seems a bit chavvy.... about time I did some proper performance enhancing mods.

Next the cherry bomb is going, just need a standard exhaust to modify, anyone know where I can get a standard backbox for a good price?

:O ooh I missed a bit, my fave mod, the rear end:
Newplate.jpg

And here's a soundclip of the exhaust, well one of them anyway, this might have been the bike exhaust.

Next the cherry bomb is going, just need a standard exhaust to modify, anyone know where I can get a standard backbox for a good price?

I've got one mate. cost me £50 (needed it urgently to get through my MOT) so only been on the car for about a week, and covered about 10 miles lol... I'm not far from you either so you could probably pick it up... Offer?

Thanks for the offer, I will consider it, I want to see if my mate comes back to me 1st, he thinks he can sort one new for £25

Blue clocks

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Nothin too major, manifolds at first, cos even I can do that lol.
When I get more time and money I wanna do a full engine rebuild, head gasket, piston rings, valve stems, water pump etc.
Eventually I want an engine upgrade and RWD

olly

whats the compression ratio on a k 10 ( i can,t find my haynes, saw one at a charity shop this week but thought i had one ! )

i got 2 k10 rear exhaust sections just sitting in my garage doing nothing this are the sleeve type fitting not the flange type

postage is a pain and rather not tbh as its a bigggg section of exhaust including the back box so makes it heavy aswell

where are you located? maybe drive halfway or something or drive past on a road trip of mine, i dont want alot for them each, i need to keep one for my old k10 for when it sells so only got 1 to sell

call it £15 and whatever in fuel if you want me to drive halfway etc

Yeah, it'll probs have to wait til after xmas, if someone else wants it before then let it go, if not we can arrange sommat after.

And yes those are cruise light ice, bought of ebay for 18 quid, no doubt I was ripped off terribly.

In the shops there around £24.99 so £18 quid is quite a good deal. Ring are thinking do doing some High Powered daylight running lamps which have 5 LED's in each unlike the 8 you have in yours these things are ######ing bright I tell theee.

Hmmm, i have to be honest, not too keen on those mods :\ except the blue dash lights, rev meter, blue hoses are ok but you need to finish them off, and the alloys are ok, but change them when you have the money.

Honestly, i'd sit down and plan out your modifications before you do them, or they always do look chavvy. Also, sort out the best order. I'll give you a head start, alloys, lowering, 3" backbox, new headunit, sub.

HTH, don't take it as me being an a-hole please, i'm just trying to give you a hand =)

I can't lower my car, I get rubbing on the arches as it is. Also the old skool rims suit the car, and I've heard those particular ones are quite rare.

I built a 3 inch backbox last night but can't fit it til the weekend.

About the headunit and sub: in my area you only have what you can afford to have stolen, they will have to wait.

Well get some lower profile rubber then :D

Don't take what i said as harsh, i was only saying what i'd do. Sounds like your area's chav central to be honest! My area's not much better. I've got a wicked parcel shelf but i have to cover it up or i'll wkae up without a shelf and no rear window!

What size wheels are they? You can get 15 inch rims with 195/45/15 tires and they won't rub when lowered. Maybe you can get an overall tire package with the same overall size so it wouldn't rub?

think thats for the super s mate, the standard 1.2 is 9.0:1.

Mine is a 1.0 lol, I read those numbers out the haynes.

My wheels are 13 inches the tyres are the same overall size as before, the rubbing happens on the inside of the rear arches due to the wheels being 185's.

My area isn't chavvy at all. I live in a little village in the middle of nowhere, so no one about to see the crimes happening.

Mine is a 1.0 lol, I read those numbers out the haynes.

My wheels are 13 inches the tyres are the same overall size as before, the rubbing happens on the inside of the rear arches due to the wheels being 185's.

My area isn't chavvy at all. I live in a little village in the middle of nowhere, so no one about to see the crimes happening.

can't find my haynes for the k10.

Anyway my standard wheels are also 13"s and the tyre width is 175's with no rubbing.

Really wide ones. I might get a longer axle off a bigger car and have 6 inch arch extensions all smoothed into everything

185's should be OK as long as the offset of the alloy is right. I have 185/60/13's and -35mm springs (at the front) and theres no rubbing.

sounds like you need those spacers :)

I wouldn't recommend it though, the baffle is welded in at both ends, I had to cut open the box and weld it back up, and I'm still itching from the fibreglass.

Sounds nice, you made a side exit exhaust? Looks like one anyway!

What was with the rev meter going funny on the way down?

Also, of all the hoses you made blue in your engine bay, i've made one blue in mine so far (as i only had about a 15cm piece leftover) and its one you didn't do. Play spot the hose :D

Sounds nice, you made a side exit exhaust? Looks like one anyway!

What was with the rev meter going funny on the way down?

Also, of all the hoses you made blue in your engine bay, i've made one blue in mine so far (as i only had about a 15cm piece leftover) and its one you didn't do. Play spot the hose :D

I do have a side exhaust :p In the vid you cant really tell how loud it is (crap phone) but its stupidly loud. Its packed with wirewool now so you can actually hear the induction kit :D

Dunno bout the dodgy reving, guessing its doing it because its a carb and the butterly is opening a bit under pressure.

Rad hose, for good reason, my pipe wasn't big enough to go round it.

Nope, guess again :p It's near the top of the engine. That's pretty much a dead giveaway.

I do have a side exhaust :p In the vid you cant really tell how loud it is (crap phone) but its stupidly loud. Its packed with wirewool now so you can actually hear the induction kit :D

Dunno bout the dodgy reving, guessing its doing it because its a carb and the butterly is opening a bit under pressure.

Why have a side exit (which i'm guessing is straight through without backbox) then pack it with wirewool? any power gained would be lost again surely lol.

Someone should do some long tubes down the sides of their micras. Like the proper side exhausts, like this:

MikeCook-C.jpg

That'd look mental on a slammed micra i reckon. Especially a black one. As for speed bumps though...

Why have a side exit (which i'm guessing is straight through without backbox) then pack it with wirewool? any power gained would be lost again surely lol.

Someone should do some long tubes down the sides of their micras. Like the proper side exhausts, like this:

MikeCook-C.jpg

That'd look mental on a slammed micra i reckon. Especially a black one. As for speed bumps though...

The back section of the pipe turned to dust from all the rust, and I didnt have enough pipe to put it to the back of the car.

It was free aswell :p

yeah it was, the breather pipe going to the cam cover =] I want to do them all red, but while the cars in its early stages, blue will do lol.

Side exits rock tbh. Loud and proud! Sod skrits, i want two of them beauty exhausts on my car now! lol, and it's probably sound pretty damn mental!

Back