Oldie but goodie .... rustproofing experiences?

Yep MOT time and it's outer sills, inner sills and a couple of floor patches....all in hand but decided to strip down entire front end and consider some grinding and rusting proofing and painting.

I'm wandering what MSC folks out there can recommend as something that really worked for you?

I've tried loads over the years with mixed success.....Waxoyl, old tins of hammerite, old engine oil sprayed on but yet to find the real deal.

Interested in any approach or products or system you have good experiences with while I have it in the air and stripped. Many thanks in advance

boeshield t9 seems to be the dogs boxxxxks, expensive but it takes the rust off and leaves an anti rust film for near a year
Streuth....you not wrong. Mind having read a bit it does read good.

Does it actually remove or catalyze the rusty metal? .... say like Krust does? Have to say I'm tempted to have a good at that....will double the value of the car :) .... thanks for the steer

On the rally car I use Krust if I am keen, and then (or only this bit) spray with the cheapest black spray paint I can find. However I keep an eye one it after every event I am under the car checking the car and deal with any issues as I seen them.

On the rally car I use Krust if I am keen, and then (or only this bit) spray with the cheapest black spray paint I can find. However I keep an eye one it after every event I am under the car checking the car and deal with any issues as I seen them.
Yeah I should be checking more often that every third MOT but hasn't been the case.

As it goes after a vicious grind down I'm also using Krust (as I have it on the shelf) then using two coats smooth hammerite on the outside and underside and white radiator enamel on the inside under carpets etc. I guess that should have ok-ish rust prevention properties. But have also ordered some of the T9 mentioned in the other post....very very expensive but worth a go in repaired / welded areas. Cheers

I got a brand new tin of T9 spray if anyone wants to buy it.

Bought It January time.
I'm never going to use it, to good for my little car haha

I got a brand new tin of T9 spray if anyone wants to buy it.

Bought It January time.
I'm never going to use it, to good for my little car haha
I'd be up for that if it's sensible money .... cheapest I could find on-line for a 12oz can was £26!!! Sounds excellent stuff but is a little rich budget wise for a K11 owner :)

Not sure of the MSC buy/sell policies but if the price is right and you can guide me how to do then I might be up for that. Thanks

I'd be up for that if it's sensible money .... cheapest I could find on-line for a 12oz can was £26!!! Sounds excellent stuff but is a little rich budget wise for a K11 owner :)

Not sure of the MSC buy/sell policies but if the price is right and you can guide me how to do then I might be up for that. Thanks
I'm not sure on the buy/sell policies here either. I'd pobs put it on eBay then were both covered.

I think its a 330ml spray can might be wrong have to check when I'm home. Can have it have £15 with £2 postage if you want?

Back