Oil Sump Replacement

shaiboy_uk

Buy & Sell Member
Hi Guys/Gals,

My partners Micra K12 1.0 E has got a leaking coming from the sump, it was leaking slightly before, but now after the bad weather here is leaving puddles of oil, so needs replaced.

I have been trying to find a replacement sump for it, but motor factors only seem to stock K11 sumps and not the K12 one. Does anyone know where I can source one from new? I've contacted local Nissan Dealer and they want £160 for the sump and £40 for the gasket/sealant.

Also anyone know how hard/easy it is to change, when checking it, it seems just bolts all the way round (after draining oil, of course). Nissan state £62 for them to fit :s and within a hour....

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I only own a K11 so don't know the underside of a K12 but i just got my replacement from the scrappies and changed it over myself. they are normally just bolted in with a gasket/sealant around them, and by going to the scrappies you can practice taking them off.
cost me £10/15 if i remember correctly.
Good luck! (Y)

frank

Club Member
all the CR,s i,ve seen have had a cast alloy sump, and you,re best to jetwash the sump area and try to source the leak first shaiboy (it may just need re-sealing with some generic auto joint sealer)

all the CR,s i,ve seen have had a cast alloy sump, and you,re best to jetwash the sump area and try to source the leak first shaiboy (it may just need re-sealing with some generic auto joint sealer)

Also would be my advice:) unless there is a clear small hole or defect in the sump itself...