Oil pump refurbishment

algebraboy

Site Supporter
Hi!
I have a 16v 1l k11. Is it possible to get the oil pumps from anywhere or can anyone recommend a company that refurbishes them?

Thanks for your time and help!

Franz :)

It's driven from the crank, you can get parts but afaik they don't generally fail, you can check clearances and for wear or gouging, to get at it is a bit of a mission, removing timing cover and timing chain if I remember correctly.
What is your problem?

OP
OP
A

algebraboy

Site Supporter
It's driven from the crank, you can get parts but afaik they don't generally fail, you can check clearances and for wear or gouging, to get at it is a bit of a mission, removing timing cover and timing chain if I remember correctly.
What is your problem?

Thanks for your response! From what I have read people generally say they are bulletproof. I have had the engine rebuilt, the main reasons for that are the headgasket had gone and the oil pump chain and tensioner needed replacing. The engine went back in yesterday but was still showing low oil pressure, so because of all the other work being done the garage assume its the oil pump. They said they were struggling to find anywhere that sells them and were reluctant to get a used one for warranty purposes.

frank

Club Member
another member had that same problem after a rebuild a few years ago
there are 2 woodruff keys on that end of the crank, the pump, one may be missing ?
or a pressure relief valve problem maybe ?

OP
OP
A

algebraboy

Site Supporter
i built and/or fitted about 20 cg engines over the years,n/a and turbo,and blew a lot of them
but i never had any oil pressure problems, there is probably something amiss, rather than a pump issue

Thanks again Frank! Much appreciate your advice and info! Is the pressure relief valve accessible with the engine still in the car?