Oil pressure switch question

Hi ,
So my freshly rebuilt engine has an oil leak out the oil pressure switch. Ordered a new one and put a good bit of durka sealant on threads going in. Let it dry for 24 hrs, started it up and an even bigger leak from sensor.

My questions are:
-Could oil level be too high?
-Do I need a copper ring or o ring between sensor and block?
-should I use plumber tape on threads

Any suggestions be great thanks

I also have an oil cooler with d1 sandwich plate if that makes a difference, ran it without sandwich plate and still leaks...

Shouldn't need an sealant as far as i know as they're taper thread so sealant or pipe tape can actually form a bad seal

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk

Bit of searching on google, the sandwich plate is 1/8npt thread and the oil pressure switch is 1/8bspt.. Close but two different threads so you probably wrecked the threads on the switch that's why it's not sealing for you

The sandwich is on oil filter housing. I didnt get a nip on sensor as i was afraid of pulling threads, old sensor threads where perfect. Ill give it a go it no sealant and tighten it till i get a nip

I know what sort of sandwich plate ya have. I wouldn't force it, like i said, it could the wrong thread and that's why it won't seal and forcing it will likely wreck either the sensors thread or sandwich plate thread or both. Try find an adapter

Back