Oil pressure adaptor

you need to find out if its m20 m18 or 3/4 thread size....it could be in the haynes.

the right thread size will fit

i think the SR20 kit would fit Greddy do a K11 specific kit.. ill check the filter sizes when ig et back to my nans this weekend...

Not all SR20's had the same filter thread btw. Plus I'm 99.9% certain they use a totally different filter mounting point/system to the CG. I think possibly the GTiR SR20DET has a similar block-face mounting position (like the CG). So be careful...

If you're highly DIY and do all your own filter changes etc it might be easier to just fit a filter relocation kit. Relocate the filter to an easier to reach spot and give yourself some nice rubber pipes to tap into for pressure senders...

There's lots of oil filter relocation kits made by the big name japanese brands and even a few made in the USA which would work just fine on the CG.

adapter arrived so i thought i might as well service the car whilst im at it. Complete oil change (GTX magnatec of course) and (NGK) sparks etc, and oil filter. Got everything from eurocarparts for £30 !!!

The problem i face is the oil filter doesnt fit the adaptor!

I ordered a M18 because a certain someone said it was 18mm!! when it is actually 3/4 thread!

The guys at raid performance were very helpful and told me to return the adaptor and they will send me out the 3/4 thread one.

Type-R said:
adapter arrived so i thought i might as well service the car whilst im at it. Complete oil change (GTX magnatec of course) and (NGK) sparks etc, and oil filter. Got everything from eurocarparts for £30 !!!

The problem i face is the oil filter doesnt fit the adaptor!

I ordered a M18 because a certain someone said it was 18mm!! when it is actually 3/4 thread!

The guys at raid performance were very helpful and told me to return the adaptor and they will send me out the 3/4 thread one.
i'm ever so sorry. like i said, i had measured the oil filter hole, which is harder than measuring the thread.
again sorry, my bad!!!
hope you sort it.
p.s are you still coming saturday? rough time?

ok its official it will not fit!

heres a pic to show you how tight it is. theres no way any adapter plates will fit in there no clearance at all on either side.

I12.jpg

BTW most jap cars have 3/4 thread size for thier oil filters. Just in case you wanted to know lol

As for now i will save the peice of kit for future car.

Type-R said:
how the hell did this guy get this to fit? and i dnt understand the angle of the shot!!
it's same angle as your pic, but the inlet support bracket has been removed ('Y' shaped, 3 bolts).

Back