Oil loss and high temperature.

So you dont think its anything to worry about frank?
I have compleatly overhauled the cooling system and have no leaks or any signs of a problem physically and have a healthy sounding water pump...
Where is the engine temp sensor on the cg13? :oops:

if yours drops back down when you whack the dash pod, then its just a bad connection mate, and the 1 wire sensor under the dizzy :)

if yours drops back down when you whack the dash pod, then its just a bad connection mate, and the 1 wire sensor under the dizzy :)
Will I have to remove the dizzy?
Its not when I whack it... its when I put my foot down im guessing cold air through the rad? :( :oops:
Im all out so will try anything.

you just squeeze the little connector on the 1 wire (gauge) sensor mate, axcess is ok, the 2 wire one for the ecu is more fiddly tho

Frank and ghetto mods FTW!
FTW ?????? See this on here all the time. Meaning ????? Checked the urban dictionary, it seems to mean a lot of things.
I was brought up on Elizabeth Windsor's English, so a lot of these acronyms/modern slang are lost on me.
Here's my stab at that post ...... For The World. Yes/no.

my gauge used to randomly go to max now and then (and a whack on the side would drop it back down)
so i prized the tabs on the offside connector, ok so far :)
Yeah mines started doing the same thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

It was sitting higher than it should this morning on the drive home.
I dont quite no what to do about it.
Ill give it a service and clean up temp sensor see where we go from there...

It was sitting higher than it should this morning on the drive home.
I dont quite no what to do about it.
Ill give it a service and clean up temp sensor see where we go from there...
I've 2 brand new sensors, unused if you're interested.

Changed oil and filter didnt have time to look at the temp sensor due to a monsoon in norwich :rolleyes:
Will check as soon as I get my bible back... aka haynes manual.
@clodo gimmie back my book!!!! Im going to start charging you for borrowing things lol

I know... after oil change temp needle still climbs when im stationary and if I stay at the same speed for to long... I just cant dig any more info out of my old mechanics college/apprenticeship part of mind :(
Like I said it could be a dodgy temp sensor so will see after that... are there any other sensors that could be playing up guys?

just that temp sensor eh, here,s the ohms for the 2 wire one, not sure what the 1 wire one should read tho

44658.jpg

Changed oil and filter didnt have time to look at the temp sensor due to a monsoon in norwich :rolleyes:
Will check as soon as I get my bible back... aka haynes manual.
@clodo gimmie back my book!!!! Im going to start charging you for borrowing things lol

Shhhh you or I'll run your Haynes manual over :rolleyes: I might start charging for my company... Friendship fees :D anywho I need it to fix Mildred and Millie :D X

So your temp gauge climbs when stationary... and when the the flow is constant for too long... Regardless of speed?
You haven't got any leaks have you?

Try putting your heater on... feel the temp of it... and see if you notice a change in temp when the gauge indicates one

So your temp gauge climbs when stationary... and when the the flow is constant for too long... Regardless of speed?
You haven't got any leaks have you?

Try putting your heater on... feel the temp of it... and see if you notice a change in temp when the gauge indicates one
Yup and yup... regardless of speed.
Nope nothing I can see coolant level does fluctuate lately some days its low and other days its high :confused:
Tried the heater idea already and its no where near as warm as it used to be as in blowing almost cold? :confused:
Massive head **** lol

Shhhh you or I'll run your Haynes manual over :rolleyes: I might start charging for my company... Friendship fees :D anywho I need it to fix Mildred and Millie :D X
Do it its hard back lol
Oh charming on here its just friendship fees :eek:
Thats true :) carry on haha :p

Leaking matrix?
Doesn't sound like its getting round :/

If your started climbing... and you slowed down.. the gauge go down too?

Leaking matrix?
Doesn't sound like its getting round :/

If your started climbing... and you slowed down.. the gauge go down too?
Erm lost me there chap? Heater matrix?
Coolant getting round?
Sometimes it would othertimes it just sits slightly higher... ill be naughty on the way home and take a piccy while im driving.
How hard is it to change a matrix?

Its a dashboard out job.
Even on a k10 a couple of hours work
You'd know if it was leaking. Heater cold. Rising engine temp (different to your situation) it'd smell funny in the car. Not to mention the wet carpet :p
Just seems your coolant is getting lost somewhere :/
Maybe once hot it goes into the expansion tank but doesn't return once cooler?

Its a dashboard out job.
Even on a k10 a couple of hours work
You'd know if it was leaking. Heater cold. Rising engine temp (different to your situation) it'd smell funny in the car. Not to mention the wet carpet :p
Just seems your coolant is getting lost somewhere :/
Maybe once hot it goes into the expansion tank but doesn't return once cooler?
Ffs... is nothing ever simple ill have a look and see if I can smell feel or trace a loss of coolant in the car.
Heater cold yes...
Temp acting odd...
Sweet smell in the car just thought that it could be coolant from engine:confused:
Cant say the carpets wet could it be a air leak into the coolant hoses not enough to leak but to suck in air causing an air lock?
I have no idea mate :(

Ok so heres a new therory on things... my car is sitting at this temp...
1378450776545.jpg

Slightly over middle yes?
After this it has been climbing up just a little higher with every mile ive done.
Reading something last night about heater matrixes I read a thread from the dead polly had posted in saying to turn the heater on full to ensure that any/max flow is forced through the whole system...
I turned the heater off half way home and the needle didnt move all the way home just sat as shown in above pic.
Could this of just been an air lock in my coolant stopping the fluid cirulating properly? Thus overheating my engine?
Because like I said the temp gauge was fine after id baked for half my journey?
Oh after engine flush my engine feels more responsive and smoother :)
One bonus of a service I guess.
Ill keep an eye on it and keep you all informed :)

If u get stuck or engine shagged I might have 1 for sale soonish its a 1.3 super sport serviced alot 89k miles and will continue going up as daily runner till missis car back on road then hopefully engine swap will start

If u get stuck or engine shagged I might have 1 for sale soonish its a 1.3 super sport serviced alot 89k miles and will continue going up as daily runner till missis car back on road then hopefully engine swap will start
Plenty of engines my way chap im due a bigger one anyways next year for me is all about turbos I think :)
So will do a standard 1.3 to 1.3 swap and then turbo the engine thats playing up after ive re built it. Thanks tho :)

Worth getting one if you can and mount it furthest from rad
I know... and you'll hate me.. saxo's and 106's have a bleed screw in their matrix pipes... try grabbing one of those id they're suitable
Will have a look into this mate but cant see it making a difference as the k11 is not really a pressurised system hence needing to run with cap off rad.

Every system is pressurised mate to stop water boiling :)
The bleed screw allows the car to run at normal pressure and temp but let air escape from the matrix at it sits high up. In a potential air lock place :)

Every system is pressurised mate to stop water boiling :)
The bleed screw allows the car to run at normal pressure and temp but let air escape from the matrix at it sits high up. In a potential air lock place :)
Hmm so there really should be a bleed screw somewhere then... or its a case of bad design on nissans part.

yeh i bleed and then screw at my car :)

sort your head gasket after jae as the car gonna run for months yet,,,,,,,mine did but with luke warm heater

Back