oil leak? (pic inside)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Have you actually had a look under the car to see where it could be leaking from?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

pollyp

Club Member
its very vague without seeing underneath but looks like its dripping brown oil (and not clear'ish gearbox oil) from the sump and the gearbox bellhousing point, but where its actually leaking from to get to those points, dunno.
guessing maybe leaking crank seals or sump gasket.

we dont know what is your problem. have you read on pollyp's comments and frank's comments. find out yourself then you will tell us :)

OP
OP
T
i put cardboard back under the car last night and most of yesterday and cant see no patches.
oil levels seem ok too
#confused

OP
OP
T
i have a feeling its not oil actually leaking you know! if you look at the pic it would need to be leaking from two places. as theres two small patches either side.

will need to have a proper look before gi proceed. thanks guys.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
under wiper panel ? yeh easy to seal up the fault with silicon sealer gasket sealer. take pics when you do it.
involves wipers off.

OP
OP
T
i think its either under the wiper panel or just were part of the windscreen sealant has come away. will try sealing that up with good old polyurethane

if this fails i will pop the wipers off, im sure i saw a guide for doing this previously but cant find it. any ideas?

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
screens sealed in solid wont be that cause its sealed from behind nice n tight, unless your unlucky,,badly

OP
OP
T
LOL ok thanks, so is there a guid for getting wipers off? and which bit will i need to seal. if i remembe correctly there is 3 holes and its the middle one i need to seal?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
LOL ok thanks, so is there a guid for getting wipers off? and which bit will i need to seal. if i remembe correctly there is 3 holes and its the middle one i need to seal?
Wipers are simple.
Lift the plastic cap, remove the 14mm nut and wiggle the wiper off. It helped me if I applied some pressure on the wiper arm.

Under the scuttle panel you'll see white clips and one or two green ones.
As you've seen in pollyp's blog he carefully removed each clip.

Me? I used a pair of mole grips, hammer and a screwdriver and destroyed each clip removing them. Squirted copious amounts of bathroom sealant in each of the holes till it was over flowing. Smoothed over with my finger being sure to seal all gaps.

Reassembled everything and have had bone dry carpets ever since.

theres no cap to remove lol literally. its like a sealed on component?

It will have a cover bud otherwise you couldnt get to the nut to attach them:) you need to prise the end of the cover up like this:

Step_1_Windscreen_Wipers_Full.jpg