oil filter

was just the fact i can do it at the click of a button thats all really. if i could get it easy through nissan website would be good but for the sake of ringing people up and messing around i can get one for a few quid as you can see.

ok cool i know people here like the castrol magnetic 10w40...sadly its not on sale atm at tesco (for the 4 litre bottles) although i have found £20 for 4 litres on eurocarparts.

is the castrol magnetic 5w40 any good as thats on offer atm at tesco quite cheap (for a 4 litre any way!)

what about the other castrol the white one they do cant remember the exact name is gtx or something weird thats also on offer for the 10w40 4 litre bottle

Hmm tryme, check the tesco petrol pup kiosks, i found Castrol GTX semi-syn was 12 for 4 ltr there with both 10w 40 and 15w 40 available.

Tbh i would always change the washer as a matter of course and for piece of mind. Its not guarantee that it will leak but it is a crushable washer so once on it forms a seal at that point and isn't 100% effective if used over and over and to be fair for the grand price of £1 is it worth not bothering

Tbh i would always change the washer as a matter of course and for piece of mind. Its not guarantee that it will leak but it is a crushable washer so once on it forms a seal at that point and isn't 100% effective if used over and over and to be fair for the grand price of £1 is it worth not bothering

Believe it or not the Micra oil filter fits my 350Z! I use a Nismo Veruspeed filter,which has magnets inside filter to attract any particles , much like a magnetic sump plug.
agree with changing sump washer too.
my baby sees an oil change every 3K miles silkolene pro-s 5w 40

Dont know about the Nismo filters but the Micra and 350Z are very similar but not the same infact the 350Z is slightly smaller than the Micra
1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 = 15208-70J00
1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 3.5 = 15208-9F600
Diesel's are different altogether :p

strange, the numpty at Nissan parts said it would fit, but it seems the larger engined nissan cars use the one you suggest.
And yes, its a tiny filter, especially for my Zed!

Believe it or not the Micra oil filter fits my 350Z! I use a Nismo Veruspeed filter,which has magnets inside filter to attract any particles , much like a magnetic sump plug.
agree with changing sump washer too.
my baby sees an oil change every 3K miles silkolene pro-s 5w 40

first dibs on ya used 3k oil

personally, I wouldnt use Castrol, spend a bit more and get Silkolene..now called Titan Fuchs race Pro-S, Its a true Ester synthetic oil, whereas castrol Gtx is semi. But hey ho thats my 50p worth, google silkolene pro-s its top quality!

hmm not to bothered as i have heard alot of good things about castrol but just wanted to know if the gtx is just as good as the magnetic :S ?

If you feel happy with Magnatec, go for it, personal preference and all that. As an enthusiast, I prefer something thats above the rest, Castrol is made for the masses.

personally, I wouldnt use Castrol, spend a bit more and get Silkolene..now called Titan Fuchs race Pro-S, Its a true Ester synthetic oil, whereas castrol Gtx is semi. But hey ho thats my 50p worth, google silkolene pro-s its top quality!

its in the previous post up their

Not to nit pick but does the many different oil's make that much of a difference(within reason) to engines not producing big HP? I know that oil is a major factor in an engines life but the jump from from 10/40 Castrol to 10/30 Opie etc

Not to nit pick but does the many different oil's make that much of a difference(within reason) to engines not producing big HP? I know that oil is a major factor in an engines life but the jump from from 10/40 Castrol to 10/30 Opie etc

You do have a point Kris. The vast majority of the motoring population are NOT enthusiasts, so the question you must ask yourself is; "Am I an enthusiast?" If you answer YES, then getting a top quality oil ensures your engine gets the best.
Im pretty sure Castrol will do for the original poster`s car, but will it do for yours?

Back