Oil consumption 2004 Micra K12 cr12

Nearly 2k miles after doing the timing chain, recently I have noticed that around 3L of oil have been used mainly on an 800 mile trip mostly on motorways. All the usual have been checked, ie No oil leaks, compression is spot on as per the book and the plugs are the usual brown no signs of oil. So I turned to the breather system and upon removing the air filter housing I have found that the rubber seal that the PCV sits in the Rocket cover has a split in it. The hole that it sits in in the rocker cover also has a build up of gunk in it aswell as the PCV valve. According to the book the valve should only be one way meaning it should lock off under vacuum towards the inlet but mine does not fully. It still lets and small amount of air through. I have tried to clean it with brake cleaner etc but to no joy. I have ordered a new seal and Valve but the valve is on back order around a week.

Anyone got any thoughts ? Ie am I looking at the right soultion ?

as the oil is drained completely while replacing the chain ad after the new onw is installed< according to the manual approx 3.8 liter oil must be poured for ist time, have you npticed that.....

PCV valve and seal now replaced cost me £35 for a bit of rubber and plastic. There was definately a difference in the PCV valve so fingers crossed this will do the trick