Oil Change

Have a look at the Eurocarparts website, they've got some ridiculous savings on oil at the moment. I got 5L of fully synth Renault approved oil for £12.49 :) !

Why do K11'ers always go for 10w40? I thought Nissan recommended 5w30 - they even recommend it for my Renault engine (although I use 5w40 'cos it's a diesel :p).

Why do K11'ers always go for 10w40? I thought Nissan recommended 5w30 - they even recommend it for my Renault engine (although I use 5w40 'cos it's a diesel :p).
I've always been told 10W40 and a lot of sites suggest 10W40.

I ended up buying the Mobil 2000 oil from OpieOils with £1 delivery and 10% club discount :)

Sweet Jesus man! Halfords? I care for my car!

I'm inclined to agree but if it meets the correct ACEA spec's it should be fine. The stuff I got was ACEA B4 (for Euro-IV diesels) and the brand was triple QX :).

I've always avoided Halfords oil. It's like liquid RipSpeed *shudders*

I usually go for Castrol Magnatec. I trust BP know what they're doing when it comes to oil :) They certainly know how to spill it...

Was going to go for either Fuchs or Mobil when I fit the new engine but money was increasingly tight so I bought it now :)

Mmmm, I guess for the K11 given their age. Most modern cars are 5w30 and the Americans are really getting into 0w20 o_O.

I've always avoided Halfords oil. It's like liquid RipSpeed *shudders*

I usually go for Castrol Magnatec. I trust BP know what they're doing when it comes to oil :) They certainly know how to spill it...

Was going to go for either Fuchs or Mobil when I fit the new engine but money was increasingly tight so I bought it now :)
Halfords own expensive stuff is MOBIL1 with a few different additives mind ;)

Back