Oil advice and recommendations here

alfantasti

Club Member (Trial)
Can you recommend an oil for a 1998 K11 1.0 litre (110,000 miles). The timing chain is a little bit noisy and instead of replacing it (expensive big job), i just want to try to preserve the one on there. Thanks.

OP
OP
oilman

oilman

Online Trader
Official MSC Trader
10w-40 semi synthetic with regular changes would be ideal.

What oil are you currently using?

Cheers

Guy

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I have a
Micra
CGA3 (2000 - 2002 model) 1348cc (engine)
Used for regular driving pushed fairly hard at times.
Ribbed bottom end, port polished gas flowed head, uprated cam, lower ratio gearbox, quad throttlebodies, full engione management. These are my main mods.

Any recommendations and why?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
oilman

oilman

Online Trader
Official MSC Trader
Despite the claims made about oils affecting economy, the result is minimal most of the time. Anything achieved by using a thinner oil can be offset just by opening the window, using aircon etc. If you want to try a thinner oil, go for a 5w-30 although you may find it uses more oil

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-653-5w-30.aspx
#
The best ones there are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Motul 300V and Redline, but the Motul X-Max, Fuchs Supersyn and Fuchs XTR are good cheaper alternatives.

I'm sure most of you know us or have heard of us.

Please feel free to ask here as I can help

Please give the following info:

Model/year/engine/modifications/type of use

You will also find plenty of info when you look up your car here:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-879-products-for-my-car.aspx

Cheers
Guy
Bello Guy,
I have a 2002 Nissan Micra with 1l 16v petrol motor with 102´000 km, all original and want to give some good oil !

I went on amazon and bought Castrol 5w30 GtX C4 oil, what Amazon say is adapted for my skippy. Had a great price with a reduction.

Just received it and now see that it is written in it: For diesel engines !!⚠️⚠️⚠️

Did I get the right oil ?

Now I am confused ?

thanks for your help?