Oh god, this is just pure comedy! Ebay woes! [Pic heavy!]

JasperFoxx

Ex. Club Member
So I've been buying lots of stuff for my wee micra from ebay recently. One thing I needed is a new passenger wing as mine had a dink in it.

**PICS ARE CLICKABLE BUT ARE HUGE! You have now been warned.**

Lo and behold:

Perfect! That'll do me. Now I've been burned with ebay bits before so I ask a pretty open and shut question and get a pretty openand shut response:

and just to clarify, here's my little beast:

So I bid on the item and buy it. Anyway, nearly 2 weeks later, the wing arrives and, well, oh dear:

It's off a K11C!! So back to ebay I go to arrange a return. Seller insists that I've got it wrong! So I ask him for a picture of the car he's breaking:

*facepalm* Now comes the funny bit.

The seller is insisting it's my fault! He says that my car and his car are totally identical stating 'they are both K11's so it will fit'. Obviously doesn't know the difference between a K11 and K11C!! Now he's refusing to refund me stating that I should just admit my mistake and let it be! Madness!

So let's just put the three Micra pictures together for comparison:

I'll keep y'all in the loop as to how this pans out, looks like Ebay will have to step in to get me my money back :doh:

Dear me, what a numpty! Maintain that you're correct and offer to show him pictures proving it.

If not, eBay / PayPal should have no problem believing you, especially as his auction has a pre-facelift in the picture and you asked him outright VIA eBay!

Good luck!

Point him in the direction of this thread. See what he says then.

I had money nicked off me through PayPal recently, not from eBay but from a certain domain registrar with 123 in its name. Anyway, they refused to refund me but opening a dispute with PayPal got me a refund in 24 hours.

Since this is eBay, just open a dispute on there and explain the messages the seller sent you. eBay are almost always biased towards buyers, and in this case it's obvious it's the seller who's in the wrong so you should have no problem getting your money back even if the seller keeps trying to mess you about.

Well just to mention, ebay's system is a bit crap and I can't escalate it to their customer service team until February 3rd :eek:

Well just to mention, ebay's system is a bit crap and I can't escalate it to their customer service team until February 3rd :eek:

just send him another msg saying that you gonna open a case and you obviously gonna win. so to speed things up do you wanna get courier to pick the wing up? dont let ebay to have you send it ether! he should get courier to pick it up

Ebay is my friend! Dozy clot is registered as a business so this makes him bound by the 'distance selling regulations'. These state and I quote:

"These regulations provide a period of 7 working days after the date of receipt within which the consumer can cancel the contract (often referred to as the "cooling off" period) and get their money back, including the original postage and packing charges. The consumer may be asked to return the goods at their own expense, but only if the seller informed them of this requirement before the contract was made (otherwise, the seller is responsible for collecting the goods)."

Sellers return policy:

Return policy
if item not as described return within 7 days of delivery

So as he's not mentioned that it should be my cost for return, he is now liable for collecting the item and if he doesn't, he's breaking the law! I have also messaged him with this information and sent him this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made

This is the entire distance selling regulations. If ebay don't provide a satisfactory result, I'll take the sellers company to court :D

by the way, you still don't have to send them back. paypal will cover you the money if you send the items back or not, it was his mistake, you shouldn't have to make an effort to fix it.

but i will have the facelift wing :)

Back