Off to see a 160sr tomorrow - any thing to look for?

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
As the title says, anything to I need to pay attention to?
It was going to be a diesel, no idea how I got here!

Err, rear wheel bearings. I think from your PM you said it's a 2005 so timing chain shouldn't be an issue. I've put 99,000 miles on mine trouble free so just buy it and enjoy it (Y).

Will check those, thanks for the feed back - i cant wait to have a play. 34k on the clock so hopefully last me a while

and have a check through k12 section,for any more complaints that could be common
or at a certain age or miles

I had a peek and the power steering seems to come up a bit but then again it looks like the luck of the draw.
At the moment I have a k11 1.0 so its quite a step up!

Err, rear wheel bearings. I think from your PM you said it's a 2005 so timing chain shouldn't be an issue. I've put 99,000 miles on mine trouble free so just buy it and enjoy it (Y).

the timing chain issue only affected the CR engines eh (and 1.5 mera,s) the 160SR,s have the HR engine :)

Well shes mine - under the proviso they fix a couple of issues.
1 tracking is pretty out - or there is a wheel problem.
2 which is a lot worse, it hadnt been moved for a month or so if that makes any dfference but as soon as we went out the clutch stuck and engine was completely disengaged, all of a sudden the clutch engaged again and off we went. But after all the high engine revs the clutch smelt BAD. It went away along the motorwat but as soon as we hit traffic lights the cabin filled up with the smell again. It doesnt seem to be slipping but it isnt smelling right at all.
But they say it will be fixed so I now cant wait to pick it up.

Well they assure me all has been done and the car is ready to go. Dont know why but I feel nervous as they couldnt find an issue with the clutch and it is now working fine and no smell.
Pickup at 3pm, Im sure pictures to follow!

I will indeed - I have visited the site on more than one occasion! Very usefull. I downloaded your link for the service manual, do you know if there is a haynes version (or any other for that matter) I cant seem to find one that covers the 160?

Back