Odds on getting a Micra ST Engine complete

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
what are the odds of getting a Micra ST Engine complete? I don't need it running as I can get it rebuilt for a couple of Saturday mornings work.

Don't want to import one though tends to cost major money on that. If anyone's got one forsale can you let me know please

Charlotte

to get one not imported would be near impossiable mate IIRC there are 10 or less in the country, ed got the figures from the DVLA a while back and i think there were single figures of ST's actually on the road. 5 or something like that;

also incuding the engine you will need;
gearbox
driveshafts
front wheel hubs i think not 100% sure and suspension struts however k11 parts may be ok for this dont quote me on that but they are similar.
also the ST has a front roll bar which no other k10 has, bar the figaro which are everywhere nowadays.
also ECU and the entire wiring loom unless your very confident with car electircs :)

best off importing an ST i was going to do this but thought 3-4k could be better spent

if i were you i would fit a k11 1.3 engine and turbo that as there are much more k11 parts out there.

I've got access to a dead K11 so could canabalise parts. The wire loom would be no problem (ok from a wheelchair it takes 50% longer) as the K10 would be stripped first so it would be an empty canvas for engine.

Been speaking to a Canadian engineer who is confident a front roll bar can be fitted with some welding and modifications as they've done it in Canada one of the few countries who had K10's.

The gearbox may be a problem as no doubt ST's never came auto and as previously stated I need auto.

The 1.3 Turbo k11 engine would is a good idea as I once knew of a 1993 K11 fitted with a 1.6 Turbo engine.

Charlotte

Charlotte, no offence but you know absolutely nothing about the ST. I have a fairly reasonable idea of your capabilities from reading your questions and posts on the MSC, and having access to a K11 is going to be of no real help what so ever. The ST has very specific parts that are only used on the ST and its ECU and loom are specific to only the March and not shared on anything else including the Figaro.

You are correct at this moment in time I know absolutely nothing about the ST Engine other than it's a combustion engine. I also know the looms and ECu's are specific to the engine. This is why I'm looking for it complete including looms/ECu's etc. by reading the posts it is coming clear that ST engines are very rare and getting a good one would be seriously difficult to rather hard.

Charlotte

like ed says you need alot of stuff, ive been down this route and turned back for the moment as the list is massive and alot of money

Your better off buying an original st and if your not willing to spend a lot of money is not worth it because yu'll just end up buying a disaster.Also they came in 3 speed auto so you would want to research a bit more. . . .

If you really want one I could get a full engine ,duno if the guy I know imported any to date with an auto but can find out,las time I was in there he had 3 engines and I bought for spares and the other 2 were gone within that week. . .based in northern Ireland

Back