ODB2 connection

Hey
Can anybody tell me where I will find the ODB2 connection on my brand new Nissan Micra?

It would be nice if I can read the coolant temperature throug odb2, My K13 does not have a coolant temperature instrumet.

Hope you understand my english.

Btw. Great Micra forum.

Mikesk - Denmark (Nissan Micra 2012 - K13)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
it has to be near the driver seat and uncoverable without tools, so try under the dashbord behind ashtrays, in the glove box mate but im unure exactly but i will try and find out hope this helps

I have the same problem and I've found the answer:

See page 3 (You must pull the cover)

Attachments

• 1603639_Nissan_Micra_K13_12_Petrol_Produktion_2011__Rev_10___Deu.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,352
Hey

It would be nice if I can read the coolant temperature throug odb2, My K13 does not have a coolant temperature instrumet.

For the coolant temperature issue, you can add an aftermarket gauge. This kind of readers connect directly to the coolant sensor and display the engine temperature. Usually inside the pack there are instructions on how to connect them to your car. This, obviously, if you want to add extra stuff to you car :) .

SplanK

Site Supporter
Carfull with piggy backing of existing sensors. I remember doing this when I had an Emanage piggy back ECU in the Primera, the result was the temp sensor for the ECU read about 10c lower than it was causing it to very rich during startup and resulting in cold start problems. This was confirmed with a consult cable, snipping the wire to the emanage for the temp and watching the temp shoot straight up to the correct value!

Carfull with piggy backing of existing sensors. I remember doing this when I had an Emanage piggy back ECU in the Primera, the result was the temp sensor for the ECU read about 10c lower than it was causing it to very rich during startup and resulting in cold start problems. This was confirmed with a consult cable, snipping the wire to the emanage for the temp and watching the temp shoot straight up to the correct value!

Thank you for the info! I didn't know that...

Hey
Can anybody tell me where I will find the ODB2 connection on my brand new Nissan Micra?

Btw. Great Micra forum.

I dont't know if you have the nissan connect gps in the car, but if you don't and you would like to buy one (gps unit), this is the best investment. This device has gps and also connects to the car's OBD port and reads and display various data, such as the coolant temperature. I believe that for the price it is a very wise choice. Have a look:
http://www.ecutool.com/6-in-1-Smart-Auto-Trip-Computer-ATC500-Trip-ComputerGPS_10145.html

6-in-1-Smart-Auto-Trip-Computer-ATC500-Trip-ComputerGPS_3501058_d.jpg

Hey

Btw. Great Micra forum.

you can read the water temp through the obd2 port if you buy an elm327 bluetooth or wifi adapter you can download an app
called carista from the play store free for the basic setup but you can pay for added extras,i bought it to use on my lexus
for the personalisation setting so i didnt need to go back to the dealer,you can also read and reset mil faults with it.
you can get the adapter for around the £7 mark so very cheap