Obscure relay

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Fog lights relay

I'm trying to find where I can source a Hella relay that would plug into the top of the fuse box near the steering wheel in my Micra. It has the Nissan part number of 25230 9F920, it is a blue Hella relay - the Hella part number is 4RA007813-03. Asked local motor factors etc and even local Nissan parts department all who said they couldn't find it :(

It seems Nissan changed the relays in the K11C as I opened up a '98 Ally in the scrapyard yesterday and found that has five of 25230 9F900 relays with the prongs in a '+' shape. Sadly there were no later models for me to get at.

Edit: I have since found a suitable relay but having further issues now everything is connected, please see below.

If you are replacing - you dont always need the exact model to replace it... relays are just electronic switches, they take a small current in to switch a much larger current. So as long as it can switch at the current been supplied to it, and can handle the switched current on full load then it should be fine.

only downside is it may not fit into the relay holder or might be a bit bigger to fit under the box.

The info on switching and switched capacity can usualy be found on the relay :)

I've shown it to a few places today and nobody said they had one like it or could even match one up. I have one place who is going to try and get one in using the Hella part number but he's not 100% it will be right. It's not a replacement unfortunately, its to go in the empty socket next to the fuel pump relay for my front fogs. I'll just have to keep looking round scrapyards if no further luck.

I managed to find a suitable relay today after much searching :grinning:

But, now that everything is fitted I am having a strange issue. If I use my original stalk all normal lights work (sidelights, dipped beam, full beam, rear fog etc.) but if I use the stalk that I got with front fog options on it not everything works as you would think. :glare:

Sidelights work fine.
Dipped beam N/S works fine, O/S does not light.
Full beam works fine.
Rear fog works fine.
Indicators/Hazards work fine.
Front fog lights N/S does not light, O/S works fine (I am going to try swapping the bulbs to check whether this is just a bulb or not that needs replacing).

But the dipped beam one is the one that has me worried for now, both stalks are the same shape and size but obviously with different options. They have different Nissan part numbers (36828B 11H0 without front fogs and 36852B 24A0 with) and they also have a slightly different wiring setup next to where they plug in. Any ideas anyone? :)

(click for bigger)

Hi,

Just had exactly the same issue with my indicator stalk with the front fog option. k11c 2001 cga13de se facelift.

Sidelights work fine.
Dipped beam N/S works fine, O/S does not light.
Full beam works fine.
Rear fog works fine.
Indicators/Hazards work fine.
Front fog lights N/S does not light, O/S works fine

I looked at the part numbers in the catalog.
The stalk was from a Primera which i think is part no. 25540 2F500

I believe the front fog micra k11c se stalk part number is 25540 5F801

(The almera n16 front fog indicator stalk is 255403L100)

They all fit just are slightly different. Does anyone have an easy solution, will not admit defeat and take this to a auto-lecktrician.....

Ok nearly there, the right front fog switch for the 2001 K11 SE is 25540 5F801

Not a part shipped on a Primera or Almera models, but it is found on the Terrano and Serena, who knew?

Anyway when you look for this include these in your search at the scrappy.

The Primera stalk does fit but its not worth troubleshooting the wiring if you can source the right part.

fitted a terrano stalk works well on the 2001 facelift. wiring all there, don't forget the relay as above.

front fog lights work well on dark country roads and really catch the cats eyes. good visibility aid.

Back