obd-1 plus interface lead.

hi Guys, yes indeed this is my 1st post. Great site and lots of very helpful info. I have just bought a 98 k11 one litre, i was looking to get a mini ( old one) but could not afford one.
Anyhow, i love the micra, great car. I have fit a K+N filter off an SV650 bike ( little mod, but fits well and sounds great)
I have reset the ign timing to std 15 degrees. I have noticed that when the motor is cold she is much more responsive ( i have looked around the car to up the fueling but cant see anything strqight away ( I have looked at fuel pressure regs, not convinced this will fix her) She is a stock motor, nothing fancy i know that a little more fuel will help.
Anyhow back to my question, is the micra k11 obd-1 and where would i get my hands on an interface lead.
great site, some sick cars out there. love the superchargers !
Thanks in advance
Steve

QG injectors ?

sorry frank what are these please
Malc
red topfeed injectors from the QG15 and QG18 engine malc :) (CGA fuelrail also needed)

Attachments

• qg.jpg
    qg.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 300
Thanks for the replys, ecu talk , sounds right, ill have a look through there site. I removed the oe exhaust this evening, jaysus i never thought a car had that many bits and pieces. I think im gonna run with my new headers ( i think they are off a rallyschool uk car) and a short link pipe to a motorcycle end can.
Then Frank i think im gonna need to re align the fuel for sure.
Thanks again.
Steve

Fit the manifold today from rallyschool uk, tricky fit but worked well. Apart from the fact that i didnt do a great job joining the headers to the oe exhaust. lasted about 2 miles the started leaking. did manage to do a plug chop and fuel seems ok.
I need to get a 2" link and remove more of the std exhaust.
Q. are full systems really loud ! i would like the bhp but not the noise if possible. two under body 2" race cans be enough to knock the edge off the sound but not the bhp.
Thanks
Steve

unfortunately mate noise and power are one and the same. if you restrict the noise you will restrict the power. remember that the noise is the sound of an explosion in the combustion chamber!

ecutalk maybe steve :) http://www.ecutalk.com/
QG injectors cured my leanouts, but i hav,nt tried it on a 1.0 yet tho
Frank thanks for your help. I have had a good look through the ecutalk site and all they seem to do is read various details from the ecu (its not possible to write to it)
However whats this QG injector ? higher flow rate per rpm !
Thanks again
Steve :p

QG15 and QG18, topfeed injectors steve, shown in pic :) (211cc apparently)
Frank, please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a QG15 or a QG18, are they 1.5 almera or primera maybe !
I have had a good look around for fuel modules but all i can find is stand alone systems for big dollars.
Frank, thanks again for you replys.
steve

Back