Now that I own two K11's, I should probably introduce myself!

I have been using this forum since me and my girlfriend were given a 1997 K11 1.0 Shape 5dr off of her dad about a year and a half ago. I took it upon myself to restore the car into decent condition. The paintwork was faded, it was covered in dents, it was sprayed different colours, drank petrol like there was no tomorrow, and I am almost certain it had not been washed or vacuumed in 15 years.

With the help of this Forum I was able to restore it into (what I would consider) excellent condition and fix all of the problems I encountered along the way! Yesterday I went to view a 1993 K11 Super S, being sold by one of the members on here (Shaf). As soon as I saw the car I knew that I would not be walking away from the sale. I have honestly not seen such a pristine example of a K11, let alone a Super S!

I decided to buy it and on the drive back to London (about 190 miles) it ran flawlessly, no strange sounds, the ride was good, fuel consumption was good and the seats are definitely more comfortable than my K11 Shape! Needless to say I have fallen in love with it already and have decided to give my first K11 entirely to my girlfriend (providing that she keeps it waxed regularly!)

I shall be posting a blog showing my first K11 from start to finish, plus pictures of my new K11 Super S! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Most of you on this forum are responsible for inspiring me to spend so much time fixing up what I originally considered to be a granny car! You definitely need to own a Micra to appreciate it!

Won't be any pics up of the Super S for a while, Going to get the engine steam cleaned and respray the cam cover before I take some pics. I am still working on the first Micra (colour coding all the door/boot handles and wing mirrors plus giving the rear bumper a new lick of paint) before I hand it over. My girlfriends also made an account on here, so I am sure she will be introducing herself shortly! Keep an eye out for the 1.0 restoration blog I am going to post up shortly :)

Back