now on the road :)

Passing your test
272254,xcitefun-16.jpg

Insurance
homer_simpson_doh_02_feature.gif

How would you feel if I told you that third party fire and theft insurance on my K11 as a new driver was £3000 for 10 months.
With a year's no claims bonus, my K12 was £2300 for a years fully comp. Which is still extortionate if you consider I know girls younger than me, with less experience and no ncb, get their insurance for 3 figure sums!

I'm not one for discrimination or joking about it, but, it's sexism if they don't get the same job opportunities but they never complain if they get drastically cheaper insurance!

18 and i got my insureance quote on the first day i passed, it really is shocking and pay £1.40 petrol as well, but its alot better than the trains and buses.

Yea i see what you mean if i insure my girlfriend it like a grand cheaper!!!

Congrats. But why is the insurance that expensive in the UK? I'm paying 19€ (15.5 punds) a month for my comprehensive insurance o_O (I'm 21 years old, but this is the first car registered to me)

First year for me was £1009 in 2009
then £650
now £600 all mods included ;)
You have to keep shopping around but i agree the prices are a joke. how can it cost that much on a £400 car.
Congrats on Passing though! :D

I know this is a really old thread but insurance is insane...
I agree to an extent about it being sexist too...and I'm a girl!!!
I think it should be based on your ability as a driver....experience can be rubbish...you could be very experienced in cutting people up driving whilst texting/drinking/eating cornflakes!!
doesn't mean you're a good driver, you've just never been caught!!! LOL

I like the idea they're rolling out with those sort of black box things...if you're a good driver too
you can prove you're a lower risk and your premiums come crashing down...apparently :p
(ie: you don't speed...slam on your brakes/swerve at regular intervals etc)

My first insurance was a 10 month policy cost £680 3rd party fire and theft on my 1990 3dr 1.0 K10 LS (2005) I was 19 and had passed my test 18 months earlier
(i saved up for ages thinking my insurance would be higher than it turned out to be LOL...and petrol was only 102.9 ppl! o_O)
with 1 year no claims 3rd party the next year on my 1997 3dr 1.0 K11 shape it was £650 (2006)
When i upgraded my insurance to fully comp in 2008 for the K11 it was actually cheaper than 3rd party * around £400 instead of £500
The insurance is slightly higher now than it would be if i still had that 1.0 K11 but not really a note worthy difference
My renewall this year for my 2005 K12 1.5 dci(82) Sport+ with 7 years NCD, fully comp, plus some extras was £325 (2012)

* a tip is to ask for Fully comp first...as this can actually lower your insurance! even if you opt for 3rd party
(I think it shows that you are looking for insurance and care a bit not just that legality of it all...or some crap like that LOL)

...and a very belated congrats on your pass :p

Back