Now a Biker

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Hey all

some of you may recall me a saying a while back i was looking into doing my motorbike test, well as of tuesday im now a fully licenced biker passing my test with No Minors (how chuffed was I!)

so saturday im heading up to Suzuki to buy my first bike. after much thought ive gone for the Suzuki GS500 F, ive been learning on a GS500 and its such a brilliant bike i had to get one. im not keen on racing bikes as i dont want back problems nor do i want to pay through the nose for insurance, its only £370 fully comp for this bike :)

so yeah, i know we have some bikers on here so look forward to seeing you all on the roads :) bye bye boring cars! hello fun Bikes!:D

GS.jpg

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I had a GS 500... if you need to know anything about it lemme know... i got an AWESOME exhaust system for it for £240.. sounded the mutts.. plus it could smoke scoobies :p

GONGRATS dude... looking forward to riding with ya :)

Well done Mat, now get out and do some bike rallies, there's some really good clubs set up all over the country, join one and open your eyes to the biker lifestyle.

robbluek10

Ex. Club Member
well done fella u have joined the force lol and will now be called a doner by the local police force and be bullied by car drivers just give them the one finger wave lol and cool bike for that range and i like my race bikes had a suzuki myself really well made bike

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Well done Mat, now get out and do some bike rallies, there's some really good clubs set up all over the country, join one and open your eyes to the biker lifestyle.

cant wait mate! got a few biker buds already but im looking forward to the summer bike trips hanging out with some fellow bikers! going to get my bike saturday then im off to france skiing for a week so i wont get to play with it much :( boooooo!

I like the winter rallies myself, you get a better feeling of camaraderie when the weathers bad, no summer riders, posers or plastic people.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
lol

well when i did my test it was pouring rain and winds up to 30mph, almost had the test cancelled but then if i can ride in this weather i can ride in anything. going on a road trip to germany in the summer :) let the touring begin! :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
indeed same for cars had to take one on my last trip over to the fatherland, good idea if you ask me should make it compusory over here too!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
I had a GS 500... if you need to know anything about it lemme know... i got an AWESOME exhaust system for it for £240.. sounded the mutts.. plus it could smoke scoobies :p

GONGRATS dude... looking forward to riding with ya :)

really? wicked :D i'll have to pop up and see you when i get back from hols mate ;)

Courior

yeah mate for sure... when are you going on the euro trip?? im planning on leaving on June 27th. gonna head to slovakia to see the g.f's family.. then boogy on down through italy to Scicily.. then take a ferry to Malta (my fatherland). .. then i aint coming back!!!! ... but your more than welcome to tag along for any part of it mate... there are gonna be 3 Hayabusa (one is unrestricted and is capable of 200+mph (so thats germany in 5 mins lol), My Bandit 1200, and maybe a GS500?? hehehe. gonna be an awsome trip!

Congratulations, enjoy it in good health. I have had various off-roaders over the years, but never road bikes. A great feeling to have the wind in your face!

Congrats mate ;)

I still remember passing my test a couple of years ago. It was chucking it down all morning and then dried up and got really nice and sunny with cool crisp air which really helped. Passed and gave the bike back etc and then rode home in the rain which didn't stop for the next month or so haha :p

You'll have to come out for some rides when the weather is a bit nicer!

Pete

Site Supporter
careful mate, I've been riding for years and binned mine on the 6th November, tore the ligaments in my left wrist and only just starting to get back into normal life. You got any touring plans? If you set off now on your GS 500 it'd probably give me time to re-build mine and catch you up before dover... hehe.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
careful mate, I've been riding for years and binned mine on the 6th November, tore the ligaments in my left wrist and only just starting to get back into normal life. You got any touring plans? If you set off now on your GS 500 it'd probably give me time to re-build mine and catch you up before dover... hehe.

lol smarty pants!!!

ill be off to Germany hopefully around the summer time, have a nice little town in mind i've been to called Neumagen-Dron lovely place with lots of gorgeous roads cant wait to get back there :)

Courior

Speedle, the GS500 will see you to germany and bak many times... mine could cruise at 90-95mph on my 100mile test track all day long fully loaded with passenger and luggage.. get an exhaust from Predatormotorsport.com and a K+N OEM replacement filter and it will feel much more perky, if you want some fun, at 10mph, pull the clutch in while in 1st, rev it to 8-9Krpm and just dump the clutch... will pull a perfect wheelie :) (also on my 100mile test track) ;)

Speedle - Ive just dug up some wikid old videos of my GS500.. add me on msn and ill send em over too you :) courior (AT) hotmail co uk .. cheers bud :)

Pete

Site Supporter
At least your getting the faired one, the finish on zuki's can be a bit ropey, a fairing should give it a bit more protection. Cool you'll have to pass on your knowledge of these roads, although I do live in gods own county with some fantastic sweeping corners :p

Seriously though, welcome to the real world, nothing will make you open your eyes more than not having a tonne of car around you to isolate you from the elements.

Micra 110

Site Supporter
ah, the open road, the freedom, the space, the exilaration...the Flies...... :laugh:

Nice choice, you wont go far wrong with that motor, nice one speedle (Y)