Not the typical throttle body hassles

As someone who has scoured the forum for all info prior to asking questions, I am now desparate, well, nearly.

Once warm, my 1.3 GX has a very (read: overly) sensitive throttle.

in 2nd gear at 20mph, I take my foot off the accelerator and the car hunkers down, decelerating rapidly.
I put my foot gently back on the accelerator and the car lunges forward, accelerating.

I have removed the throttle body and resoldered the PCB as per the video and thread found here, NO difference.

Im thinking its the waxstat, unfortunately to re-calbrate the throttle with datascan is a bit of a stretch due to the age, unsure if anyone offers this as a service anymore?

Any ideas are welcome.

Mine has done the same since I got it and I just assumed that was how it was supposed to be

They're geared quite high up, I'm in 5th by 45mph on a flat road
Its just not a smooth throttle repsonse, not at all really. I've owned 3 Nissan Sentras (called the Sunny here, kinda like a smaller Primera) back home, two GA14DE's and one GA16DE, none of them ever behaved like this.

None of the cars ive had (fuel injected or carburetter) have had a throttle that feels like this.

It's a cable throttle linkage so how sensitive the throttle is can't be changed, you might check the cable moves smoothly and is adjusted correctly. There's a throttle position sensor on the other side that might be out of calibration or if it's a cvt theres another cable that runs to sensors for a computer controlling the cvt.

Back