not satisfied

there's nothing on the forum to show how to fit this timing chain on the k12 micra ...cmom guys ive know this forum of over 12yrs and not much info...??? i expect better ...for real ive search ever where all ova the net ...not even a link ...that's disgusting .

there's nothing on the forum to show how to fit this timing chain on the k12 micra ...cmom guys ive know this forum of over 12yrs and not much info...??? i expect better ...for real ive search ever where all ova the net ...not even a link ...that's disgusting .
Let's get serious for a moment.....

Knowing about a forum for over 12 years, only joining up in April 2012 for the specific reason of obtaining information & help for free. Then starting a new thread hoping for more by being openly critical...........that's disgusting.

dqzdZ.gif

caant be asked to anwer ..but i was a member long b4 some members on here "micracle85 says it all. anyway i was soo frustrated when i wrote that soo please dont hang me ! i get the picture theres no diy here and the one left here says nothing ..i went to the dealers and got some instructions but realized when i got home it wasnt clear enuff and some pages were missing.. i have to wait till monday .
the part i dont quite get it how you get the blue linkeon the chain to line up with the sprocket on the crank theres some stamped mark on the sprocket but where the blue link sits there nothing to go by anty clue to what i should be doing to get it o line up ?

caant be asked to anwer ..but i was a member long b4 some members on here "micracle85 says it all. anyway i was soo frustrated when i wrote that soo please dont hang me ! i get the picture theres no diy here and the one left here says nothing ..i went to the dealers and got some instructions but realized when i got home it wasnt clear enuff and some pages were missing.. i have to wait till monday .
the part i dont quite get it how you get the blue linkeon the chain to line up with the sprocket on the crank theres some stamped mark on the sprocket but where the blue link sits there nothing to go by anty clue to what i should be doing to get it o line up ?

Not sure what 'miracle85' means in terms of time frame but ok. There are quite a few long term members here who have been here for a long time, myself included who you should recognize ;) There is a lot of DIY on this forum, however not everything is translated for the masses to read in the form of DIY guides. We have some but we tend to help on an ad-hoc basis.

Since you asked nicely this time, I will offer some assistance. You only needed one page from the engine manual by the way, the rest is just simple assembly and disassembly :)

The blue mark on the timing chain is your base mark for lining up the top end of the engine. The blue mark on the timing chain is to be lined up with the corresponding alignment mark on the crank sprocket, with the keyway position set at 12 o'clock and the engine with Cyl No.1 at top dead center.

The intake and exhaust cams are then lined up with the corresponding alignment marks and orange links on the timing chain. As a rough guide the inlet camshaft dowel location should be at 9 o'clock and the exhaust dowel location at 12 o'clock position with everything lined up.

Install the timing chain with the 2 large left & right tensioners in place. Once fitted and lined up as described above, the smaller upper tensioner unit can then be fitted. The rest is simply the reverse of the strip down job you will already have done :)

yo low rider ,micracle85 is my k10 1985 nissan super s replica micra , long story short . back in 1999 i met up with a bunch a guyz at the JEA billings aqua dome in Northampton sport the micra . they invited me to join up with the forum ..i parted with my 04 car to finish off my honda accord . im now a founder of a new honda forum called honda culture . every now and the i pop in to see whats up.. the forum change along with my pc and i went absent . now own the 03 micra and rejoined with the crew not only for information but for inspiration . ok low rider ive carried out all you explained . ii quoted you on :Install the timing chain with the 2 large left & right tensioners in place" tensioner" you meant the sprockets right?
ok so i did just that ..is the chain suppose to fall in the middle ? when the coloured lined on the sprockets markes?
2 with the crank lined up at 12'0 clock tdc there are some stamped marks on the right side of crank sprocket 0 in lined with the pully key and a few more marks on the right . there is no mark
SAM_0697.jpg

is this right

SAM_0709-Copy.jpg

and this too with lined up the sprockets marks ?

Ok, my explanation was clearly a bit lousy lol. Attached is the part from the engine manual which describes the procedure, (I was simply plagiarizing it anyway).

Hopefully this will be more helpful ;)

Attachments

• timingchain.jpg
    timingchain.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 662
Ok, my explanation was clearly a bit lousy lol. Attached is the part from the engine manual which describes the procedure, (I was simply plagiarizing it anyway).

Hopefully this will be more helpful ;)
the attachment was what i got from the nissan dealer service dept .. ok have a look here and tell me which marks i should go by cos they both are marked

SAM_0713.jpg

the left @ 7'0 clock right ant this is off the oil pump key
SAM_0714.jpg

or the chain sprocket which has no mark to the left only right

i dont meat to pump yur brain rider
but for the no,1 cylinder is this where the lobes are to be
SAM_0706-Copy.jpg

SAM_0701.jpg

i got the marks lined up here on the two sprockets as you can see up close
its just the lower crank i need to get right and understand it fully

SAM_0697-Copy.jpg

would you say this at the 7'0 clock mark ?

hey reg sr everything worked out fine, the car is on the road no sweat ..fist i must thank lowrider for putting up with mi tantrums n sticking with me and Nissan dealership for the pictures ..i didnt have a side kick to take step by step picutres ..but i took as much to help any one out for even hoe to bleed the clutch.
oil type
engine oil capacity
gear box oil capacity
air bag reset
drive shaft and breaks change
im now attempting the the face lift sway lol
and im working on building and alloy intake manifold swap using a nissan throttle body and do away with the plastic rubbish set up from factory.

hey reg sr everything worked out fine, the car is on the road no sweat ..fir
hey reg sr everything worked out fine, the car is on the road no sweat ..fist i must thank lowrider for putting up with mi tantrums n sticking with me and Nissan dealership for the pictures ..i didnt have a side kick to take step by step picutres ..but i took as much to help any one out for even hoe to bleed the clutch.
oil type
engine oil capacity
gear box oil capacity
air bag reset
and im working on building and alloy intake manifold swap using a nissan throttle body and do away with the plastic rubbish set up from factory.

st i must thank frank , guy and esp lowrider for putting up with mi tantrums sticking with me ..i didnt have a side kick to take step by step picutres ..but i took as much to help any one out .how to bleed the clutch.
oil type
engine oil capacity
gear box oil capacity
air bag reset

ok so far i discovered if this intake manifold pull off using the p12 electronic throttle body from the 1.8 primera . the map sensor, evap sensor and all the vacuum hoses get located to the plenum .
the manifold bolts down in the origianl plastic runners ..does that make sense ?

Back