Northern Irish Micra's?

Random i suppose as any...

Any Micra owners in NI? Just being a curious one haha. I'm not sure if we've any groups on here or whatever but it would be interesting to find out who's around!

Get in touch!

*Awaits tumbleweed*

There's a few people on here from NI, the should pop up shortly.

On a side note, I see the car in your sig. Got any photos at all? I tried looking through your threads and couldn't find this one.

OP
OP
Revmau5
That's my first Micra, Look up Revmau5 Bikra Build...or use a search engine, usually finds it. I still have the shell and engine, needs big end bearings done though so I use it as a test bed for throttle bodies and carbs when then the notation takes me haha.

Had a red one shortly after which when I bought my MK5 Golf someone offered me silly money for so I sold it, plus a red shell just for facelift spares haha. I have a blue one now which i'm creating a blog for. :)

OP
OP
Revmau5
OH! From my Signature!! Durh...that's the red one. I returned it to standard and sold it. Only had it about 3 weeks. All the stuff is in my Blue one now! Haha...it's still a work in progress but i'll nip out and snap a quick pic until I've finished the blog!

Rebuilding the golf engine for the next few and I cant get on any decent photo-hosting sites from work to complete the blog! Busy busy! :(

OP
OP
Revmau5
Here's my current runner...needs loads of work and detailing...

Attachments

• 1402481760692.jpg
    1402481760692.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 294
OP
OP
Revmau5
Like that? Designed and cut with my fair hands* I must say, i do like that myself!!

*...well, on a vinyl cutter...haha.

Hi Revmau5, from your part of the world as they say :) Just joined MSC not sure if there is any groups from NI. Love your badge also, I have been doing some image editing on a badge which I would love to get on vinyl but it is giving me grief atm as I can not get the right lettering, plus my skills are not the best :D

OP
OP
Revmau5
Finally haha! We have 2! Where abouts are you?

That was actually pretty easy, I used special vectoring software for a vinyl cutter which auto detects the edges of a certain colour, I just had to fill in some spaces. What's the badge? What are you using to edit it?

From Portadown, The badge is the Nissan logo, what I'm doing is removing most of the red in the circle to leave a thin line around the shape, the same with the blue rectangle. The letters are Nissan in Japanese(black coloured) which are the prob at the moment as I can not get a decent font/image that would do...just using a translator atm lol.
Used to use PS but now using Gimp as I have moved over to Linux on the main computer, so its more getting used to the program than anything. I take it that the software you use is more professional and not for the average user :)

OP
OP
Revmau5
Nah they're easy believe it or not, what colours are you doing it? Send me a screen shot sure If you want...I could have a look if you want?

OP
OP
Revmau5
I'm not sure I've ever seen an import here...definitely in the south theres a larger import market, something to do with the import duty...not sure of the details.

Yeah, in the south there seems to be a bigger import market, I remember before I bought my Primera I had an option of importing it...before all that happened up north in NI they were outbidding each other to get my sale, not too sure of the situation now :), To answer your question Muji, and this is only based on the Primera the only difference was that the Irish Primera had a badge on the wing where the UK didn't, thats the only difference I could see...could be wrong :)

I think there are more imports in NI than over here, but UKDM Micras are the same on both sides of the water.
I agree stuartwood89, there is a lot of imports and only imports especially Twincams, Skylines and the like...more performance yokes than anything :) as for Micras I think they are the same unless they have a March stuck on the back lid :)

I thought it was a honest question, didn't think differently :) I still think they are the same spec, will have nosey sometime just to confirm :)

OP
OP
Revmau5
Dying breed it seems! There was a guy I chatted to years ago but frig knows his name. No stand for us at car shows then! Haha.

Don't worry I will ;) I don't know if anyone watches mighty car mods but after they did a daihatsu cuore the prices of them doubled and in Australia prices apparently went up by 300% which is just insane

I'm from ardee but now living in Armagh, haven't had a micra in a while but I have had 11 so far including 2 super s' I just bought a k11 for my parent last week, would love another super s

That is how I got mine through an wanted ad in Gumtree NI, the previous owner had brought it from England about six months ago.
I had never seen a Super S before bit like the 1.4 Micras bit rare in this part of the world.