Noob :)

Hello everyone, my name is Adam....residing in sunny Kent with my better half and our animals. I have an X reg K11(Obviously) and am about to 'attack' the washer pump tomorrow. The pump is dead...Checked the fuse, no noise anymore to suggest it is working etc. The car is of sentimental value, belonged to my dad before he passed away so, trying to keep it as long as I possibly can as a runaround.

Wondering if I should take the headlights and bumper off to get to it OR, the driver's side light and wing.

What do you think is the best way for a non-mechanic to go at it?

I am not a complete 'idiot' BUT......:)

Thanking you in advance.

:)

Hello Adam. Welcome to the forum buddy.
Best to use the search function for that info mate ....it'll be on here somewhere.

I hear you.....new to this forum so, I was partially being lazy and trying to avoid hours of reading different threads etc HOWEVER, I sorted it on my own so, feeling pretty 'clever' :)

How did you sort it in the end?

Hey Max.....I took the offside wheel off and then the crud guard, once that was free, the washer bottle and pump were just right there so.....took all of 5 minutes to pop the dead pump out and replace it with the new one. It was a lot easier than pulling the headlights and then the bumper....typically rusted bolts on the front, holding the bumper etc...

Back