Nodspeed Panhard Rod

Hi guys. I have a Nodspeed on car adjustable panhard rod, which I'm currently refurbishing. One of the poly bushes is missing the metal insert and the other is intact, but I cannot remove it.

My question is can I just find a piece of metal pipe to the same dimensions and use that, and also is there a decent way of removing bushes without destroying them?

OK so I managed to remove the other bush. The problem is the metal insert is missing. Does anyone know what material these are made out of, along with the ID/OD of each side so I can try and fabricate some more?

£25 per bush is a tad excessive when the poly bit is still fine.

is it the chassis end stuart ? because the nodspeed wishbone stainless steel insert is 16mm x 2mm wall :) (same m12 bolt as the p/rod)

3ybyqa4y.jpg
udynasa4.jpg

a8etyhet.jpg

umaje3eg.jpg

Looks like the sockets and bushes are the same size on both ends. I guess it's the inner metal bits that are different.

So I found this picture:

img_0694-jpg.18550

The bush on the left was the one that I still had the insert for, but have since lost :oops:

The one on the right didn't come with the rod, as it was fused to the car it came off.

So both stainless inserts need an Outer Diameter of 17mm.
One side needs an Inner Diameter of 12mm (so a 5mm wall)
The other I presume needs a much larger Inner Diameter. That insert looks 1.5mm thick from that photo. Can someone confirm this?

So it looks like trying to source such short lengths of tube with those exact measurements is going to be tricky. By the time I've factored in cost and effort, I may as well have spent money on brand new bushes :mad:

You can't have them cause I need them lol but it'll be easier to find what you need if you've got something solid to go by

I'm looking for either the right stainless tube to make some inserts, or new bushes entirely. But second hand, cause I can't justify the cost of brand new poly bushes. I can't even find replacement rubber ones :(

Back