• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Noddie's K11

Hi everyone,
my last micra was written off a little while ago, so being a micra fan, i went in search of another one.
So i thought i would put a few pics up of the one i found, and this may be the begginging of my blog aswell.
I know its a five door, not my first choice, but i must say, its nice to not have to keep jumping out of the car when picking people up and dropping them off:laugh: I got it off of an elderly couple, and it had been with two other elderly people before that, FSH, all the extras (its an slx), 1.3 which i deffinately wanted after the trouble of an engine conversion on my last car, really great condition, the only rust is on the bottom of one of the rear doors, and a few spots on the roof, but i will sort that out no problem.
Plans for it are: keep it looking pretty much standard, maybe some clear side repeaters, i have swapped the rear wiper motor over from my old car (horizontal), and at some point some 14" steelies to fit over my GTIR calipers. maybe a bit of colour coding. i have painted the inner face of some SR dials white, so they will be going in. once i have sorted the rust bits i will give the whole car a coat of lacer to get it really shiny again aswell.
i will try to get some pics up, but im not sure if i will be able to work out how to do it.

Noddie

Attachments

• front left.JPG
    front left.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 590
  • left side.JPG
    left side.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 558
  • Rear Left Side.JPG
    Rear Left Side.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Rear View.JPG
    Rear View.JPG
    488.9 KB · Views: 482
  • clocks.JPG
    clocks.JPG
    703.9 KB · Views: 555
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 820

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
of you right click on pic then go to open with, then microsoft pic editor. pics work anyway so thats cool.

looks good (Y) electric windows etc? you need to change your avatar :p

OP
OP
Noddie
of you right click on pic then go to open with, then microsoft pic editor. pics work anyway so thats cool.

looks good (Y) electric windows etc? you need to change your avatar :p

picture editor didnt come up when i did that:p
yeah, all leccy stuff, power steering, tweeters, cable boot and fuel cap, all sorts... i had the very basic model before this car so this is real luxury to me:D
im well chuffed with it.

yeah, i tried to change my avatar, but it said the pic was too big (unsurprisingly). i will have a go at pic re-sizing when i'v got some time.

OP
OP
Noddie
ok, avatar done, took bloody ages, did it through some website in the end:D

so when are the mods starting then ed?

well, at the moment i have no real space to work on the car, i might colour code some bits or somthing, fit some beters speakers to go with my headunit (i have some fusion component ones i got cheap which are waiting for me to fit them) but i want to keep it looking real sleeper:D i would really like a HID kit, anyone know where to get them?

but we are selling up here and moving to the country somewhere west, so then we will have some space... then the car will go off the road for a while, (i will get a nice cheap run around) and then the real work will start;) i have plans, but they are only plans at the moment, so i will say nothing.

OP
OP
Noddie
small update:
speakers are in, had to make some small adaptor plates out of 8mm ply becuase they were smaller than stock speaks, plus they needed a little more depth. i also managed to get the fusion tweeters behind the stock piller grills (with lots of modifying) i didnt get any pics of the prosess because my camera had run out of battery, but the finnish is stock looking, so nothing really to show. they are great to listen to though:D just gotta cange the rear speakers now.
i also fitted the clocks, and gave the car a service (my god the oil was black, it always surprises me how manky the engine oil looks)

1 question, i have a stong power band (a surge after 2K) and sometimes a drop in power after 4K and some juddering at low-ish revs (not so low that it is going to stall). it wasnt like this in my old car. i have done the plugs, and filters including fuel. just wondering if anyone can think of a reason for this??

OP
OP
Noddie
:(:(

last night, i was very very stupid!
basicly, i wasnt paying attention, and went into the back of someone:( no excuses, just poor driving. Im so annoyed with myself!
anyway, im not sure what the dammage is, it looks pretty bad. bonnet, bumper, grill, wing and headlight are all mashed, plus the brase that goes over the rad has been pushed in. but i wont know for sure becuase it was dark and im now at my girlfriends house so i wont see the car again till monday morning. i was only TPFT so this could be the end of my micra.
will get pics up and a better description of the damage on monday.

OP
OP
Noddie
update:
well, my car took quite some damage, bonnet, wing, grill and bumper were smashed, along with both headlights. also, the pannel that holds the LH headlight in was really bent so that had to be replaced. and the rad was bent. and the front bumper crumple thing and crumpled.
as i took all the broken pieces off the car i realised that my cross-member had some large holes in it so that needed some welding also.

the welding took quite a while as my welder is pretty crap and my skills are worse. but with a little help from my dad i got there in the end and it looks great (i think). i baught the headlight pannel i needed new and tacked it in.

then my dad was looking in the friday ad and found a cheap acident damaged micra so i used that for non cosmetic parts that i needed (it was a horrible bluey green) but it meant that my car was back on the road so that i could go get the white panels that i needed (thank you very much primal-concrete-micra) the white bits are currently sitting in my boot and i will fit them today if all goes well.

sorry theres no pictures, have got some on my camera but i still cant find a way of making them small enough, i need a free program really. any ideas guys??

Noddie

OP
OP
Noddie
im glad i can make someone smile, i got the quotes for the third parties repairs and they come to 1200 so i think i shal be doing it through my insurance. thats the worst bit really i suppose.

OP
OP
Noddie
thanks mate, tried it, hope it works

great:D thanks rich. will get the other up at some point soon.

Attachments

• Front Smash smaller.JPG
    Front Smash smaller.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 457
  • side smash smaller.JPG
    side smash smaller.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 395
  • Picture 077 smaller.JPG
    Picture 077 smaller.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 445
  • smaller picture.JPG
    smaller picture.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 407
  • smash smaller.JPG
    smash smaller.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 391
OP
OP
Noddie
picture update:
pannel i had to buy, the donor car, the welding ect

Attachments

• Picture 006 small.JPG
    Picture 006 small.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 410
  • Picture 017 small.JPG
    Picture 017 small.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Picture 016 small.JPG
    Picture 016 small.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Picture 011 small.JPG
    Picture 011 small.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Picture 009 small.JPG
    Picture 009 small.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 382
  • Picture 008 small.JPG
    Picture 008 small.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Picture 005 small.JPG
    Picture 005 small.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Picture 004 small.JPG
    Picture 004 small.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Picture 002 small.JPG
    Picture 002 small.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Picture 001 small.JPG
    Picture 001 small.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 426
OP
OP
Noddie
noddie

you,ve done a grand job there ;) , well done

thanks mate, it took me a while, but im happy with it:D
i fitted some white bits from primal-concrete-micra today, only the white bonnet to go on now. and find a decent front bumper aswell.

just wish i could have spent some of this money on making the car better, not just getting it back to how it was.

OP
OP
Noddie
Went to pick up the engine management system that Davee C was selling and got his FPR aswell. Thank you (Y)

Ordered some books off of amazon to begin to learn how to use it. feeling like i have alot to learn and very daunted by it all.

i'v also just got a wide band AFR sender off ebay aswell. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LSU-4-2-AIR-F...ts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item140286184638

meanwhile...Car is all back together and working fine, still has a black front bumper though:(

christmas is comming, i wonder what goodies i will get:D

Attachments

• EC21 1.jpg
    EC21 1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 389
  • EC21 2.jpg
    EC21 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 350
  • EC21 4.jpg
    EC21 4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 370
  • FPR.JPG
    FPR.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 377

frank

Club Member
ed

i think you should ask santa for a 1.6 t/b and a decent inlet cam, to make full use of that ecu and p/r/v ;)

OP
OP
Noddie
yeah, the floppys only just worked, had to push them in and out because the comp i used to read them kept saying that they were no good. but in the end i got the data off them and its now safe on my laptop:D

gotta learn how to use it first:D and make/get some kind of base map before i start adjusting things. it looks so unbelieveably complicated.

the problem i have come accross when it come to getting bits for the car as presents is that noone knows what im on about. how can you say to your grandmar 'i would like a egt sender please, or maybe some whiteline arb':D (not that anyone is gonna spend that much on me:(
think i might get the wideband sender from my dad, or maybe something towards the engine management.

on a different note, i think when i get some free time i will colour code the boot handle, door handles and bump strips/take them off.

OP
OP
Noddie
well, i'v spent most of this evening taking off plugs from my spare micra and soldering them into the new loom, its taking bloody ages! so far i'v done injectors, TPS, water temp sensor. still got loads to do, then i'v got to trial fit it and re-rap it. will get some pics up at some point (not that it looks all that exciting:D)
what is exciting is i have a little early cristmas present for myself i got on ebay comming soon. i cant wait...

OP
OP
Noddie
the loom is nearly finnished now, its been taking ages, but i want to get it right first time and i dont have that many spear hours to put into it.
here is the 'little present' i got for myself, still havent get round to fitting them, but when i do i will get some pics up of them on my car (thats assuming i manage to find the battery charger for my camera:D)

http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11323&stc=1&d=1229853080

Attachments

• March rear lights.JPG
    March rear lights.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 868
OP
OP
Noddie
fitted them this morning.
here is a pic... i know its filthy!:D
does anyone know what to do about the fog light? it doesnt look like the march lights have a fog. are fog light a must have for the mot?
im well chuffed with them:D

Attachments

• new rear lights small.JPG
    new rear lights small.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 810

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
does the drivers side reverse light come onwhen you switch fog light on? would be like the led rear lights then. Just stick a red bulb in if so, if not then you may need to fiddle with the wiring.

OP
OP
Noddie
i had to re-wire the plugs. i guess i could do that. but i would have to fit another bulb in to the light as i wouldnt want to loose the reversing light on that side.

maybe i should look into a small one that fits onto the bumper, two i think, right low down:slm:

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I dont really like the add on ones personally. Do they both currently light up as reversing lights cause my led rear lights lit up when fog was switched on.

OP
OP
Noddie
I dont really like the add on ones personally. Do they both currently light up as reversing lights cause my led rear lights lit up when fog was switched on.

yeah, the white section on both lights light up when reversing. i really like that about them for some reason.
can a fog light be white then? or would i have to re-wire one side (the wire is there, it would just need connecting) to be a fog light and change the bulb to a red one?
would it be a stupid idea to get one of the bread lights to come on for the fog? im surprised that the japs dont have fog lights:S

OP
OP
Noddie
thanks for the help modded, i think i will look into putting another led into the right hand cluster.
glad people like the lights, i'm liking them too.