No Spark No Fuel

Can any one help, my trusty 1.3 has suddenly developed a fault and will not start. Having checked I have no spark and I have no fuel flowing. This came about after I took the carb off twice following it loosing revs then gaining again. I have checked all the fuses and links and even removed the immobiliser. Can anyone point me towards the obvious that I must be overlooking.
Chris

Frank, dont think so the car has an after market immobiliser which the company told me how to test with no problems but out of desperation I disingaged the whole thing. The engine turns fine, I have tested the fuel pump using a battery and fuel pumps and returns to the tank,but when the ignition is on and turning the engine, no fuel is pumped and no spark at the plugs.The first time I took the throttle body off was because the car kept choking then came back to full revs, I cleaned the unit and put it back on it started ok but idled too fast so I took it off again and found that the O ring on the air valve was twisted when I put it back it would not start at all. I thought I had damaged it so got a replacement from the breakers but still no life . Thats when I started tracing the fuel, then the spark with no success. Changed the engine unit relay, checked all fuses and links but nothing.I have just had a new clutch fitted and its been really reliable for the past years so dont want to give up on it.
My old QX had a Nats system so I am sure the micra is not fitted with one. I will check in the morning. Thanks for the reply.
Chris

chris

i would check that the dizzy feed wire is showing 12v (the blue one is the signal one), and the injector wires also
you might get the spark back with the immobiliser refitted ?, then drop some fuel down the t/b

Frank, Cheers I will try it tomorrow and let you know how I get on,the weather was too nice today to mess about under the bonnet.
Chris

Frank Sorry I did ot reply to you a few weeks ago but hurt my back and have been laid up, probably bending over the engine for so long. I tested the 12v to the distributor which read ok.reconnected the imobiliser but still no spark and no fuel. May have to admit defeat and break the car. Any last thoughts its got to be simple.
Chris

chris

your first step is to check for fault codes really, if there,s power to the dizzy but no spark or fuel, it points to the ecu or connection plugs imo

hia,
i wouldnt break it, sounds like it might be fixed easily.
if you could disable the after market immoboliser, i have a non-nats 1.3 ecu you could try, to iliminate nats as the problem. (if its a strait plug in? anyone???)
just a thought,
Ed

Back