no pulse feed to injectors.. possibly nats?

im new to the forum and im in a bit of trouble.... iv put a cg13de in a classic mini, wired everything up got eccs relay going and fuel pump ect but the ecu doesnt seem to be giving a signal feed to the injectors, i have a feeling its a NATS problem but iv got the key with the decoder ring...
any ideas? its all from a 99 k11

Attachments

• my mini.jpg
    my mini.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 530
OP
OP
B
i pretty much got everything on the loom still just till i get it running it is there on the fuse box still but havent checked for a live on that

OP
OP
B
i would but i dont have a connector to fit, which black plug do you mean? i have a the thick white wire going the the battery side of the starter which came from the battery terminal off the micra and have cut the eccs relay live and put that to a switched live and at the moment have that same switched live going to the g/w wire pin in the black plug for the micras barrel

frank

Club Member
the black connector near the blue ecu connector mate, a few members have had non starters because they left the wires from it off

frank

Club Member
i think you,re gonna end up with a ratsnest tbh brad, i used a prenats ecu on my bench tester, and just hotwired it like the grassers do

OP
OP
B
well iv plugged in the nats indicator light (LED) from the the heater controls and nothing.. should it flash or something?

OP
OP
B
have you done it before frank? dont wanna go out my way to f*ck it up haha im gonna try putting every earth straight to ground from the ecu tomorrow in case iv missed any in the loom
i was at manchester car show today and there were some rally micras doing abit of a demo type thing i was gonna ask them if they had any looms or advice but never got chance :(

is it the black box that says cont keyless unit on?
That's the receiver for the central locking. You only need the ecu, immu, and chip out of the associated key to match. So if they're all matched then I can only assume it's a wiring problem like Frank said.

OP
OP
B
right iv found two micras a 93 auto and a 94 manual both 1.0l, will the wiring looms and ecu run my 1.3? also will the auto one work on a manual because its cheaper for that one haha

I've run the 1.0l ecu on a 1.4l (1348 ). You may notice under hard acceleration slight under fueling mid revs but it catches up with itself. Normal everyday driving its pretty much no difference.

OP
OP
B
right im getting 12.5v at each wire on all the injectors weather the key is there or not.. is this right?
i was suspecting my fuel pump wasnt pumping enough psi but if that was the case im sure i would atleast be firing up or running lumpy so it must be down to wiring

frank

Club Member
the injectors should be 12v live when the ignition is switched on brad, and signaled from the ecu via earth, does the engine fire if you drop some fuel down the t/b ?

OP
OP
B
thought id update, i put the auto 998 ecu and loom in and she runs and drives! although doesnt take well to planting the foot so im guessing a 1.3 ecu will sort that :)
just a few other jobs and a general tidy up to do now
although one of the jobs is wiring my rev counter up, its all in place with live and earth just needs the signal wire connecting to something, which wire can i use in the engine bay for this?

OP
OP
B
i bought a pre nats loom and ecu from a 93 auto Frank :) have you got any intel on the rev counter situation? i already have a wire in the engine bay to be connected just dont know where to put it

frank

Club Member
ah gotcha, its the blue wire to the dizzy mate (on the 2 pin plug) and i doubt the hesitation is caused by the ecu type

OP
OP
B
it think my lambda sensor isnt working proper either, i thought a 998 ecu is mapped to put less fuel in though, it cruises round okay just when you try to give it some its abit laggy