No cooling fan

My k11 1998 micra cooling fan is not working iv checked the thromsat and chaged the temp sensor and still nothing the ecu is not telling the fan to turn on but if you unplug the temp sensor the fan cuts in and the car runs really bad and dies any clues as to whats up I know the car was over fueling in the passed as the plugs was black is this anything to do with it or is something else a miss

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
The fan cuts in and out, have you stood in front of the car with it running at temp for like 5 mins? You'll probably see its working ok :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
They should get to about 90 degrees so they will get pretty hot... have you tried revving it for a bit? It might just be that the rad is giving off JUST enough heat to keep it cool... you do get air cooled engines...

frank

Club Member
hmm, disconnecting the coolant sensor kicks it into coldstart enrichment (hence the lumpy idle) and probably forces a constant fan-on limp mode

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Strange one eh frank, blocked coolant pathway to the sensor maybe? Otherwise be a dodgey ecu perhaps...

I'm planing on flushing the cooling soon and its really watery were some ones toped it off with water in the pass and I sure hope its not the ecu but if it is is there a mod I can to do to have the fan work like a universal temp sensor