No ABS Light (or ABS...)

Recently bought a new Micra, this one with ABS.

There have been a couple of times now where a wheel has locked up under heavy braking - and no sign of any ABS.
I've also noticed the ABS light never comes on, even when starting.

Are there any obvious things to check or is it likely to be something a bit more complex?
I'm also curious why the light doesn't flash to indicate a problem with the system fwn

Thanks (Y)

if it has abs it should have a big solenoid abs unit behind the battery and the relays nearby. if yes then it sounds like the abs light bulb has been removed. if the abs controller detects a problem, it would deactivate the abs light would stay on (even if the fuse or controller was removed) until the fault is corrected and memory cleared.

i'd first check the abs bulb is working then goto my blog, post 63 on how i diagnosed the abs unit

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild/page2

are u sure it has abs? lol have u seen the module?
has the previous owner taken the fuse outb because there was a fault with it?

Good point fwn
It was advertised as having ABS so I just assumed (as you do) that it does...
Looking on the Parkers website, apparently the Activ models (of the K11 anyway) have never had ABS. Can anyone confirm that?

It's looking as though I never had ABS in the first place... Which stinks. I'll look for the unit anyway until someone can confirm.

Thanks

as long as you never got the car purely for abs? then its all good! no ABS on my end and seem to cope nicely! (Y)

Good point fwn
It was advertised as having ABS so I just assumed (as you do) that it does...
Looking on the Parkers website, apparently the Activ models (of the K11 anyway) have never had ABS. Can anyone confirm that?

It's looking as though I never had ABS in the first place... Which stinks. I'll look for the unit anyway until someone can confirm.

Thanks

has it got rear discs slug ? (abs only fitted to r/disc models iirc) :)

Back