nissan sunny 1400 conversion

I got a k11 micra that i am going to road rally but it is a 1.0 so i had plans of sticking the 1275 engine in, instead at my workplace a nissan sunny 1400 came in and failed mot and ended up buying the car for £50, what has to be done or needed to do the conversion, does it go straight in?, do i have to change the gearbox loom anything all help needed thanks Rhys.

I got a k11 micra that i am going to road rally but it is a 1.0 so i had plans of sticking the 1275 engine in, instead at my workplace a nissan sunny 1400 came in and failed mot and ended up buying the car for £50, what has to be done or needed to do the conversion, does it go straight in?, do i have to change the gearbox loom anything all help needed thanks Rhys.

It wont go straight in, and tbh, I wouldnt use it as its a heavy unit, you would be better off trying to source a 1.4 micra engine if thats the route you want to go down, a 1275 is the cheapest and best option as it is a straight swap. I think the engine code on your sunny engine will be GA14DE?
I think you will have the same problems that people have when trying to fit the GA16DE engine in a micra, the 1.6 one out of a sunny.

if you are planning to road rally, you will need something reliable and tested, and a GA14DE engine in a micra isnt that. Look at my blog for ideas.

Back