Nissan Pao poorly sunroof :(

As well as a craoky exhaust, the sunroof of my Pao has stopped working. The electrics appear ok - it is almost as if it has come off a runner or something. I would be really grateful if anyone has any advice on this. Many thanks. :)

Weirdly enough I just came across a thread on RR which says this a very common problem.
Sadly no info to help...

Let me have a snoop around the interwebs :)

Hi there, first post on the forum (just joined)!

I have just had the very same problem with the roof on my Pao. Can hear the motor working and one side begins to open but the other stays shut.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Hi there, first post on the forum (just joined)!

I have just had the very same problem with the roof on my Pao. Can hear the motor working and one side begins to open but the other stays shut.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks
hi there - thanks for the message - yes my sunroof has exactly that problem - still yet to fix it :(. Not too sure where to try next- but will let you know if I get anywhere.
Thanks and best wishes x

Hi I still haven't got mine fixed but managed to find out what the problem is. Apparently the roof opens as the motor moves 2 cords backwards and one of them has snapped. The actual cords are available from Nissan but the job is supposed to be tricky. A local mechanic is going to attempt it for me in the coming weeks. I'll let you know how I get on. Attached image shows the roof assembly but I'm not sure which is the part we need

Attachments

• Pao roof.png
    Pao roof.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 803
If anyone is near Dorset and needs the roof sorting/recovering let me know - Flump had completely recovered roof and cords done

Back