nissan micra water in the boot

Hi All,
I hope you are all ok.

I have another Mot coming and when i was cleaning my car i saw water where i keep the spare wheel and i do not know where it is coming from, as i dried it out and then washed my car with power washer and when i checked, there was no water.

Where would the water be coming from.

This is a K11 micra 2000- w reg- 1.3 Celebration- 5 doors.

Thanks

Siraz

How do you add pictures on this message, i forgot.
Go to an image hosting site like " http://imgur.com/ "
Upload, and post the
Link.

Could also be a break or loose connection in the hose that runs to the rear washer jet... I had same problem in my old Polo... It's surprising how much water collects...

Hi,
When i checked throughly, i noticed the water was getting in through the bottom of the boot, just near the boot lock, as there was small hole, as this area was rusted and last year i had the garage applied fibre glass in black colour , so it does not rust any quicker, as there was a little hole and i am sure it was coming from there.

I took the rubber off from the back boot tailgate just half side only and applied clear silicon and waited about couple of hours to push the rubber back in.

However i applied a bead of clear silicon around the rear light near the boot area.

I will have to see and check to see if there is any water in the boot.

While i was doing this i changed the strut bar and side mirror of the passenger side door, as i found the exact match from E bay from Car Transplant.

Just to let you know guys, water leaked has been fixed, as it was from the rusted part which had a hole. Since siliconed, there is no water in the boot.

Which water ?

What do you mean insead ? Or are trying to say this extra water place it in radiator.

Thankyou for the reply.

Which water ?

What do you mean insead ? Or are trying to say this extra water place it in radiator.

Thankyou for the reply.
R-reg is just joking mate, don't worry :)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

I had the same, though my boot carpet getting soaked. I seem to get a water coming down from just above the top of the rear strut. I think mine is a leaky rear windscreen seal.

I had the same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t. I think mine is a leaky rear windscreen seal.

side rear glass,,,,if it the latch open/close type,,,,,,,unscrew latch place thin washer under to raise latch clamp force against rubber seal

I have a 3 door which had a leak at the back, however it was coming down from the top, and I had a terrible job to find it. I had sealed around rear side window and around the boot opening and still it leaked. It turned out to be a joint in the roof metal, underneath the roof bar strip right at the back end. I used silicon to seal it and (fingers crossed ) it is still dry. It used to come out around the boot light on the near side and run down the back.
Albert

Back