Nissan Micra Sport - K11 - 1.0L - Ideas (Help)

I'm new to this site, and i'm looking for some modifications to make to my K11. I have recently bought new alloys for it and some mudflaps, and some say it looks a bit 'gay'. But never mind it makes it look a tiny bit better! Here's a few pictures of my car, tell me what you think!
IMG_20140223_143446.jpg
IMG_20140223_143406.jpg
IMG_20140223_143417.jpg
IMG_20140223_143427.jpg
IMG_20140223_143436.jpg
IMG_20140223_143451.jpg
IMG_20140223_143514.jpg

Think this looks nice mate! White wheels on a black car is a win in my books. I'm not a fan of mudflaps in general (they're a bit 'Evo'y'), but the contrast is interesting to say the least.

I think all this needs is a few centimetres from the ride height and those chrome grille inserts colour coded. Could even yellow-tint those fogs, would go nice with the black paint.

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks buddy, yeah I wasn't quite sure on the mud flaps! But I had them put on anyway, can always take them off.
Yes the car is riding incredibly high at the minute.. Letting it down unfortunately. What colour would you recommend on the chrome grills? And maybe the bottom of the bumper where it is grey, should I spray those black to match with the paint?

Thanks buddy, yeah I wasn't quite sure on the mud flaps! But I had them put on anyway, can always take them off.
Yes the car is riding incredibly high at the minute.. Letting it down unfortunately. What colour would you recommend on the chrome grills? And maybe the bottom of the bumper where it is grey, should I spray those black to match with the paint?

I colour matched my grilles to the bodywork, looks ace IMO. As you have a second facelift, the inserts stick out a bit instead of sitting flush with the bonnet like the first facelift ones do, so not sure how it would look. I'd recommend looking for some spare ones from a breakers and experimenting. That way you can at least swap them back to chrome if you fancy it.

Could do the greys yeah. If you colour match them properly and shine them up, it'll look factory and therefore awesome.

What wheels are those? They look like Mini wheels, but they're quite big, know what size they are?

Yeah I think colour matching would be my best option. And yeah I'm not to sure what to do about the second facelift. Is it best to get a customised bumper?

I've got some spray ready to be applied so I will do that in my spare time.

The wheels are off a Toyota Scarlett. Picked them up from the scrapyard for a few quid I resprayed them. But yeah it looks better then my old ones! And they are 14"

Up to you on the custom bumper front. I'd say keep the stock bumper to retain a certain a degree of sleeper quality, or grab a splitter off a Polo or Laguna to bring the front down a bit. To each their own however. The grille inserts should unbolt from behind the bonnet, then you can paint them indoors or out of the wind/rain.

Yeah I guess that sounds like a good idea, so you say match the colour of the grill and have it lowered? Then afterwards I will post more pictures? :)

Colour match that pink strip at the rear lights is a good start.

And then ignore the comments people always under estimate micras haha.

Make it like you want and if other people like it then its a bonus :)

Yeah I guess that sounds like a good idea, so you say match the colour of the grill and have it lowered? Then afterwards I will post more pictures? :)

Yeah, you should only need a small drop though. By the looks of things those wheels fill the arches acceptably anyway, but a slight drop to bring the top of the arch down a bit will look nice - just make sure you tell your insurance company before lowering ;)

Colour match that pink strip at the rear lights is a good start.

^ This. Luckily the 1st facelift and prefaces have a black strip, but if I had a 2nd facelift, that's one of the first things on my list.

And then ignore the comments people always under estimate micras haha.

Make it like you want and if other people like it then its a bonus :)

^ This too. Micras are no worse than similarly engine sized Corsas, Saxos, 106s, Fiestas, Puntos or any other Lexus light clad piece of junk you normally see rolling up in the McDonald's drive thru. For a start, they're built properly and are normally very well looked after by previous owners, and will come in at the same price of any of the above mentioned cars that have probably been ragged around a council estate for most of their lives.

I actually really like the mud flaps I think they look good with the white wheels and makes it look a bit different :), looks great bud!

I'll admit, it does make me wish I had a black one.

But nah, my red is going to look schweeeet once it's been detailed.

Oh, and don't forget to add a bee-sting aerial for improved aerodynamics!

Yeah, you should only need a small drop though. By the looks of things those wheels fill the arches acceptably anyway, but a slight drop to bring the top of the arch down a bit will look nice - just make sure you tell your insurance company before lowering ;)

^ This. Luckily the 1st facelift and prefaces have a black strip, but if I had a 2nd facelift, that's one of the first things on my list.

^ This too. Micras are no worse than similarly engine sized Corsas, Saxos, 106s, Fiestas, Puntos or any other Lexus light clad piece of junk you normally see rolling up in the McDonald's drive thru. For a start, they're built properly and are normally very well looked after by previous owners, and will come in at the same price of any of the above mentioned cars that have probably been ragged around a council estate for most of their lives.
Ok then buddy, and yeah i can't complain! I have loads of friends with Peugeots, saxo's fiesta etc... and they are all having problems with there cars! I haven't had a single problem with my car. Very reliable vehicles. But thanks for your comments, and I will crack on with this when I can. Can I ask, what lowering springs do I need to get / where do i get them from?

I'll admit, it does make me wish I had a black one.

But nah, my red is going to look schweeeet once it's been detailed.

Oh, and don't forget to add a bee-sting aerial for improved aerodynamics!
Black has got to be best for matching colours with, although I would like a red one to be honest! I like the red body with black on the wheels and stuff like that. And yes, that's another thing thank you :)

Thanks Buddy, unfortunately not, Car failed its MOT with 15 majors... It was rusting away :/ Now i don't own a Micra, and bought a lovely Seat Ibiza