Nissan Micra Losing Power

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Hi everyone, long time no see. Just a quick one, i have been asked to look at a w reg micra not sure on engine size as of yet as i forgot to write it down. anyway, there is some trouble with the engine. Starting it up from cold takes a long time with turning the key. eventually it starts. But when you put your foot down to accelerate is slows the revs down. It doesnt die straight away but it does die if you keep your accelerator down. I know nothing about the newer model micra's so advice is much appreciated.

Oil level is fine.

Not checked spark plugs as i picked the car up tonight and its dark.

Air Filter is not clogged as i took box off to check if air filter was dirty.

Many Thanks

who owned this micra? is it possible of just needing your pedal to the medal?throttle it to 100 mph with 4th gear and see what happens.

andy, does it run with a small amount of throttle, then bog down when you give it loads of throttle ?

exactly that. Where is the MAF sensor? on the throttle body or that thing which goes in manifold.

Many Thanks

i see two plugs going into the throttle body. which one do i remove and clean. brake cleaner is it or can i use wd40. How long do i leave it before i put it back in the throttle body?

Anyone got a piccy of it.

Thanks

NB. When full throttle is sometime does a loud bang. any idea's?

take the filter off the tb then spray little shots of carb cleaner into the tb aiming to hit the sensor keep doing this till it sorts it sell out you can bu the carb cleaner for pennys at halfrawds. hope this helps

take the filter off the tb then spray little shots of carb cleaner into the tb aiming to hit the sensor keep doing this till it sorts it sell out you can bu the carb cleaner for pennys at halfrawds. hope this helps

Awesome it worked. Thanks! Carb Cleaner was £4.99 took about 10 sprays though.

ok then maybe it didnt. it work at first and ive just gone to take the car back and it is doing the same thing but this time stalling. Do i spray it in the throttle air intake or not? What am i doing wrong lol. Cheers

ok then maybe it didnt. it work at first and ive just gone to take the car back and it is doing the same thing but this time stalling. Do i spray it in the throttle air intake or not? What am i doing wrong lol. Cheers

2nd edit. yes it works again. took the whole airbox off and sprayed loads on the sensor wires. Took it for a longish run on local motorway and pulled well.

ok guys still no long term luck. Left it overnight and started it up again the following day and still doing the same thing. Any idea's? Is the throttle body knackered or do i have to take it off and clean it.

Any Idea's much appreciated.

Cheers

Well i was going to say if it doesn't work as suggested above by others, i.e. cleaning the maf sensor, then my suspecions are that it may be your coolant temeperature sensor, or for short CTS which may not tell your ecu to supply enriched fuelling during cold starting, so check that your CTS sensor is securely wired, that it hasn't got poor connections, or corrosion or moisture etc, and if necessary try and replace that, sorry but I am not relly experinced on Micras, but this is based on vauxhalls, so I can't see Micra's won't suffer from the same weakness if the cts goes.

One way to rule out a faulty cts sensor is that the car starts ok once fully warmed up.

Back