Nissan Micra K13

Good Day All,

I have my Micra 1.2 for about 3 months. Have done +- 3200 km(+-1990miles).

I get an average of 17km per liter in town.

Has anybody taken their Micra on a long trip. I'm getting married and were looking to drive from Johannesburg to Capetown in South Africa. Distance is 1400km(870miles).

Has anybody done something similar and how many km (miles) did you get per Liter (Gallon)?

I average 43.5mpg day to day in my cvt 2011 micra if that helps? When I collected it I managed 400 miles out of a tank too with careful driving and a longish journey

Has anybody taken their Micra on a long trip. I'm getting married and were looking to drive from Johannesburg to Capetown in South Africa. Distance is 1400km(870miles).
Has anybody done something similar and how many km (miles) did you get per Liter (Gallon)?

My family and I drove my mum's 2003 K12 (1.4 petrol, manual) from Portsmouth, England to Glasgow, Scotland (480 miles...ish? )a couple of years ago...
we happily averaged about 45MPG ;) Mostly cruising at 70MPH on the motorways and dual carriageways.
wasn't all that comfortable for me when I was in the back seat...as an adult (5"9 tall)
... but driving. even for extended periods, I found I was still comfortable...my bum didn't even go numb once LOL

I drove my old 1997 K11 1.0 240 miles to collect my K12 (1.5dci)...had almost a quarter of a tank of fuel left (roughly 40MPG)

...Drove the 2005 K12 DCI back the same 240 miles...had more than half the tank or fuel left (roughly 60MPG)

as long as you remember to check your fluid levels are adequate (oil/brake/washer etc)
and tyres condition and pressures, your Micra should be fine on such a long trip ;)
also remember to take the usual little things, bottled water/blanket/spare wheel/basic tools etc

Congratulation...I hope you have a great time, and a safe journey :)

Edit: welcome to the site, by the way

Back