Nissan micra k12 smoking

Hi to all who replied
The Micra k12 is a 12.40 cc it has 104000 on the clock it runs absolutely perfect does not miss fire or splutter at all, It ticks over perfect.
The oil is very clean and showing just below the top mark on the dip stick, The water in the reservoir tank is clean pink colour with the antifreeze added no sign of oil. I have removed the oil filler cap and all looks well their, clean oil no sign of water (ie: white sludge).
The reason the mechanic is not doing the job for me is because he is in Derby and I am in Birmingham, I had to take a friend to pick up a car and while I was there I spoke to him about my Micra. He seemed to know what he was talking about ! I had asked him about the car and told him it had been parked up for a while as it had only done 26 miles in 8 months and if he thought it could do with a good run out or could it be valve stem rubbers being brittle or valve's needing re-seating, He said if it was valve stem rubbers or valve seats needed doing it would be blowing heavy blue smoke and he thought it would more likely be one or two of the valve lifters sticking due to the car having being parked up for so long, That's when he said to drain oil then give quick turnover as this would release them, then top up with new oil and when turned over this would re-presser them all and should cure the problem!
The reason for posting was to see if any one else had ever had this problem before or any mechanic had carried out this sort of procedure before ?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards Ron

frank

Club Member
the CR engine has solid lifters ron, so it wont be them, and i highly doubt if its the valvestem seals, and valveseat problems wont create blue smoke

the CR engine has solid lifters ron, so it wont be them, and i highly doubt if its the valvestem seals, and valveseat problems wont create blue smoke

Thanks for your reply Frank
So do you have any idea what is causing it ? Do you reckon it needs a good run out? As I said it starts up fine all the time and it runs very well and ticks over at 850 revs just fine, no warning lights just annoying smoke !!

Any idea's !!
Regards Ron

frank

Club Member
my money would be on the oil control rings clogged with carbon ron, but sure, rag it round the block and blow the cobweb,s out :)