Nissan micra k12 smoking

Nissan Micra K12 Smoking engin

• advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi All
Can some one tell me. I have a Nissan micra k12 on a 04 reg and it is smoking very heavy when first started and not so bad when warmed up.
The car had been parked up for a long time and had only done 26 miles in 8 months.
A mechanic told me it sounds like one or two of the oil lifters were sticking and also said if I drained the oil then turned the engine over for a couple of seconds no more, then topped the engine back up with oil this would cure the problem.
He said by turning the engine over while the engine was drained this would release the sticking oil lifters and then when engine was topped back up with oil this would bring back up the oil presser to all the oil lifters and should cure the fault, (hence stop the smoking).
It sounded very plausible to me but was hoping some one could confirm it before I go ahead and carry this task out.
I know it is very dangerous to start engine with out oil but I am not stupid and know not to rev it up just quick fire up then turn off , Then top up and see if it works.
Any feed back or advice would be much appreciated.
Regards Ron

I don't know...starting an engine at all without the oil to lubricate it sounds like a bad idea to me :oops:
may it simply be smoking as it hasn't run very much of late?
...has it got enough oil in it to begin with?
is there a reason the mechanic isn't doing this for you?

A good long run required first to clear it out. A bit of enthusiastic driving will blow it out a bit.
But jen is right, running an engine without oil is a bad idea

Back