Nissan Micra K12 2.0L 16v Turbo GTR Concept Car

M

matty

hey does any one know what has happened to the Nissan Micra K12 2.0L 16v Turbo GTR Concept Car i saw it on a couple of car websites a while back!

i know that the Nisan Micra K12 1.6L 16v SR is coming out in the summer, that looks ok!

but what going on here?

Anyone know or has any information?

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
not seen this one, the red and silver one may have been the micra R mate, with the touring car primera engine :)

not too sure on k12's tho

James

Chairman
265bhp i think:

http://car.kak.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=news&file=article&sid=1306

micrar04_02.jpg

micrar04_06.jpg

haha:
nissan_micra_r03s.jpg

:devil:

lol at the numberplate details for 'M19CRA':
Vehicle details
Manufacturer Nissan
Model
Body type 5 door hatchback
Colour Green
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 28 October 2002
Number of previous owners
Last owner change

P

plant

We were told eons ago, that the Micra C+C would be a 2.0 and e4wd, but obviously that never got made, but it does suggest that it is possible to put one in the front, not the back like the Micra-R. Don't know which 2.0 engine it was going to be though

B

Beachboy

the engine bay could be similar to the clio as its the same chassis and the shared 1.5d engine goes in them both, so the 182 fitting in their would be great. if it did fit with not too much problem i wouldnt be complaing it was french if had the 182 horses under my right foot.

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
anyone see the micra concept in nuts a few weeks back, it had a 2.5 turbo lump in it, looked different to a normal k12, a lot more agressive looking, i think it said it was a sport coupe concept or something like that

B

Beachboy

sure it wasnt one of the new concept almera replacements, that has the turbo 2.5 engine in it.

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
just saw this thread in general chat

here

its that car that was in nuts that i was talking about, but according to this thread its only going to be a 1.5 and not a 2.5t :(

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
For testing purposes NMUK dropped a Clio 172 engine into a March K12 this was done while they where doing the last of the k11's. When they took this on the test track they found that the K12 didnt handle because the 172 engine was to heavy. They planned to move the engine further back in the engine bay but from what my dad told me it was pointless as no one would buy a 2.0 micra so the plan to make a Micra R/GT/GTR/GTi/ what ever you wanna call it was scrapped.

but

there maybe still some life in the 2.0 Micra story as they are planning on making the k12 till 2009. 2 more extra years than normal. Then its getting replaced witha cheap chinese made shed. in Q3 2009.

B

Beachboy

i would like to see the survey results for the amount of people who ticked a box saying "no, i dont want a 2.0 micra being made".
well when it comes down to it to save fussing around i would just buy a clio 172/182 and take the renault badges off and stick nissan ones on. save a few thousand pounds, sorted.

N

nicon_23

just out of intrest if any 1 wants to do a 2.0 conversion on a k12 the renault megane coupe engine has the same mounts its 150bhp as std and thers a turbo conversion for it out there as well

OP
OP
M

matty

hey cool!

so it has the same engine fixture points?

what about the gear box and exhaust system linking upto it how much work there?

how much house power with the 2.0l megane engine 150bhp with the turbo kit as extra?

and also prices to of the engine, turbo kit, and any other stuff needed too?

matty

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
Engine Mounting Front RH £73.80
Engine Mounting Front LH £45.60
Engine Mounting Rear(Transmission Mounting) £60.00