Nissan Micra K11 - Slovenia

sorry to hear this alex ive read and posted on your thread on the sunny owners and i know how much work you have done mate. dont give up keep the spirits high chap (Y) the laws seem really stupid over there. over here they love modifications cause the insurance companies just pile it on that way. all else fails you could fit a sr20det and go ghost rider style lol. good lick either way mate

OP
OP
alexzaki
I'll see about the Almera box and so on. Right now im just ####ed off because of what happened today. I can say bye bye to 200 euros (if i pay in 8 days i get to pay only half but thats still decent amount of cash gone to hell) grr

I guess i'll be having the stock seats, airbox and steering wheel from now on. Hope i'll adapt soon to that lol :laugh:
Hope tomorrow wont rain at around 9am so that i'll change everything, pass MOT, get back them REG plates and by 1pm go to work with my K11....fingers crossed...its gonna be a long day :(

@sr20bud: thanks mate hope i'll feel better soon :) Right now im at work, my mate gave me his Almera N16 to use it until mine gets sorted out.....i miss my K11!

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Holy #### mate, bad times :(. That always happens over here in the UK - if you drive around in a modified car, you will get pulled over. It's a known fact, apparently, that people who drive modified cars drive like absolute ####ers and their cars have got loads wrong with them :glare:

I've only ever been pulled once and that was for "speeding" amazing seeing as I was parked when they pulled me the fact I did 80 past the cop car is irrelevant :grinning:

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Sorry to hear that, Alex!!!

Just do that what the 00 wants and forget about it, or they'll chase you again and again... The fine is really high!

You can make some money back by selling the stuff you have to remove, though :wasntme: (Y)

OP
OP
alexzaki
Yea peposhi i know...i'll see what i'll do about that. Today i went to the place where my car was parked yesterday and i removed the SSGTi seats, Sparco steering wheel and the CAI and installed the stock parts. Damn, i aint used to that anymore :down:

The car passed MOT and then i had no time as i had to go to work. Im still working now. I'll probably go after work to the police station, give them all the documentation and get back my REG plates. Hopefully, i'll be going tomorrow in the morning to work with my K11 (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
nah, we get away with murder in the uk, very lenient compared to most countries (make the most of it while you can :grinning: )

I always get pulled in Milton Keynes, but it is filled with boy racers and bad drivers, so it's not just me. And you're not the only one Karl :laugh:, I was caught doing 157mph on the A1M at 3 in the morning. Past 2 unmarked police cars :wasntme:. Thankfully I slowed down just enough to get away with it :laugh:

Congrats on your car passing MOT as well Alex, surely there must be a way that you can still fit the seats, steering wheel, etc, and it's still legal?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
No, it was on my motorbike Pepper, probably should have put that :laugh:. As soon as I went past the cars, I saw the police hats on the parcel shelf, the hi-vis jackets, and the little LED display in the rear window. I slowed down, so my average speed was low enough that I was below the threshold that would normally mean an instant ban. I was between 90mph-95mph, 6mph more and that would have been it, no licence. I was very lucky

OP
OP
alexzaki
Yeeey im at work, and i went to work with the K11 :grinning: Still getting used to it though :laugh:

@Daniel: To put the seats, CAI and the steering wheel on the homologation papers i have to stamp a code on these items (fake code), and fake a TUV certificate. It can be done but the consequences of them knowing i faked a TUV certificate in this country is jail so......no thanks :glare:

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Glad you're sticking with it alex :grinning:. Can't you just sell the three items on and replace with TUV approved stuff? Seats might be a prob but I'm sure someone on here would but the steering wheel and boss kit :grinning:.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Moreover the seats should look rather stock for a micra unexpert if everything else is stock or with the right certificate

OP
OP
alexzaki
@Seb_: LOL :laugh:
Well actually the cops didnt notice the seats. They only mentioned the CAI and the steering wheel. But when the car was taken to MOT (cops were with me all time as i was driving all the way behind them - made me feel important lol) the guys over there noticed the seats weren't the stock ones :glare: hehe

@Guy: Maybe i'll open a topic of i'll be selling the steering wheel and boss kit and the CAI. I know they cant do harm till they are in my garage. Who knows, maybe i'll attack back soon and mount those parts lol :D

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Is there no way of making it so the seats etc, are legally allwed to be fitted? Not talking about faking this certificate, but properly declaring them. I guess it's similar to having to declare all modifications to your insurer. But it seems a shame to have gone to the effort of buyng and fitting these parts, only to end up not being able to use them

You need a TUV certificate for the part you are installing so you can then have it homologated. And there arent to many seats with TUV around...i know of only Simoni racing. And the other day a saw a Ford Puma with a sparco steering wheel and he said he has it homologated!

OP
OP
alexzaki
Been a while...hi everyone! (Y)

Last month i went to a race track called Automotodrom Grobnik in Croatia. Drove for only 15min (6-7 laps) and laped best time 2:13 - which is great as the plan was to go under 2:20. My friend who drives the red S14a (400bhp/510tq) mentioned on here before laped the first time (also 15min) 2:05 so yea....im pleased with my results. Now he drove 1:55 so i guess i also have room for improvment. Maybe something hits my mind and i'll get two pairs of slick tyres and give it a try next year.

This time i only checked the tyre pressure and didnt do any weight reduction. Will se what 2012 will bring on :grinning:

Here's few pics:

317678_2247553152851_1368863833_32396675_160948522  2_n.jpg

302499_2247552992847_1368863833_32396673_200757540  2_n.jpg

319151_2247552872844_1368863833_32396672_137242798  7_n.jpg

302078_2247552232828_1368863833_32396668_214312728  8_n.jpg

302556_2247552552836_1368863833_32396670_128962925  9_n.jpg

These pics here are from the same day:

PART 1: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150365206152902.370979.169351487901&type=1

PART 2: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150370907547902.372225.169351487901&type=1

And here is a video of the whole track:

[video=youtube;LZUksH-LJ-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUksH-LJ-Y&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Cheers,
Alex

OP
OP
alexzaki
Sup guys, here's a quick question for ya'all...

Someone unknown wrecked my left rear door. My K11 is preface lift - 1994 model.

So the question is: Will a rear left door from a face lift K11 fit my preface lift K11?

Because from all the pics i have seen the doors look identical?! :confused:

I can get the door at a good price, so please share your info with me :)

Cheers,
Alex

P.S: I know, it's been a long, loooong time since my last visit here!

OP
OP
alexzaki
Finally im happy! woohoo! :)

Everything is sorted out. I picked the car 2 days ago from the workshop and im pleased with the results.
We threw out my original K11 prefacelift wrecked left back door and fitted a facelift K11 left door shell instead. The color tone came out pretty good too!

Also sorted out the rust problem in the right back arch. Looks like new now :)

Still have to sort out new "summer" rubber for my rims for this season as im still on winter tyres. I'll probably get Toyo T1R 195/45/15.

I gave my pride and joy a good old bath yesterday and took this photo.

Cheers guys,
Alex

2013-04-16-185028.jpg