Nissan Micra Dash Camera - Wiring to Fuse - RESOLVED

Hi,

As I switched from a Corsa to K12, I wanted to install my dash camera in my new car. However, the only Issue I have it, I am not sure which is a ignition fuse and the manual doesn't really help much. Has anyone installed the dash camera and advise me which fuse to go for. I know there is a fuse by thr right of the steering colum and also, the engine. I tried installing it on a few fuses, tried the Cig lighter, Wash Motor, Seater Heater, Elec Trans Mission, the dash cam did not turn on.

In my corsa, I connected it to a low amp 3, it worked and dash camera, switched on/off with the ignition but it's not working with the nissan micra.

I have a next base camera with the next base wiring kit.

Here is the pictures of my car fuse. Just left of the fuse, there was a screw so I untightened slightly and inserted a u ring ground cable.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Just fixed it. There was a screw that I used to ground the black wire, however, because it was connected to the plastic body, the camera didn't turn on. First I thought, my next base wiring was damaged so brought a new one, but it wasn't necessary.

I connected the new wiring using the ground nut on the door, metal to metal, it worked so used my old next base wiring, took out the ground from the plastic and connected to the door nut and it works so the simple solution was, a rookie mistake from my end is to connect to a screw that is connected to metal only, not plastic. I managed to find a better screw near the bonnet/fuel lever and tested it one more time by starting the car, it works.

I connected mine dash to amp 15, the cigerette lighter and my dash cam only turns on when the car is switched on so battery won't drain.

Attachments

• Fuses Cover.jpg
    Fuses Cover.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 389
  • Fuses.jpg
    Fuses.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 387
Last edited: