Nissan Micra Body kit.

R

Reconos

Lo' everyone in the UK, proud nissan owner from denmark here :D

I stumbled across this page and felt like registering, since this is like the Micra heaven! :blush:

Anyways, i've found this awesome looking body kit from an UK supplier:
http://www.evolutionr.co.uk/index.p..._id=441967&option=Prod_detail&image_id=157806

And i was so lucky to find it from a danish supplier aswell. Now goes my question, is it easy to mod onto the car? since im all new to the car modding and stuff :S

Looking at the page i noticed that they moved the exhaust, i guess this part requires quite the work?

or is it "easy to mod" ? :p

Sorry for my rusty english, havent written that much lately ;p

btw, the car im a proud owner of is a Nissan Micra, K11, 93'

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
the kit has been modified to fit a micra from a almera, that pic is a photo shop so it looks nothing like it will once fitted, once fitted there are large gaps e.g. between the grill and the front bumper. the only thing i like about the kit is the side skirts.

Attachments

• Photo008.jpg
    Photo008.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7,040
OP
OP
R

Reconos

damn :/ i really loved the bad ass look on it :doh:

is there any way to uhmm, what is it called, fill those gaps?

OP
OP
R

Reconos

first off, thanks for the fast replies!

Second, my car is lowered 40/40, you guys shouldn't happen to know whether or not it might get to low/close to the road?

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
There is gaps with any aftermarket kit. Any decent bodyshop should be able to fit the kit for you and sort all of the panel gaps out easy enough. :) I reckon it would sit very low when lowered, but thats the way it should be. ;)

http://www.micrafanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.45
http://www.micrafanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1014.75

These 2 members of the Dutch MicraFanClub have actually purchased and fitted the bodykit on their cars, it's not my cup of tea, but they might be able to tell you on fitting difficulties and stuff.

Saw Kit is priced at UK Pound 400.00????
Might be cheaper from the Netherlands as prices are under Euro 400.00 at the moment think company is called Hunter??

Hope this is of any use to you all.

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
w8upforme said:
http://www.micrafanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.45
http://www.micrafanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1014.75

These 2 members of the Dutch MicraFanClub have actually purchased and fitted the bodykit on their cars, it's not my cup of tea, but they might be able to tell you on fitting difficulties and stuff.

Saw Kit is priced at UK Pound 400.00????
Might be cheaper from the Netherlands as prices are under Euro 400.00 at the moment think company is called Hunter??

Hope this is of any use to you all.

very nice love the purple one, i wil post some images for everyone so that everyone dont have to register:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Glenn said:
very nice love the purple one, i wil post some images for everyone so that everyone dont have to register:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Would still have to register to see them. Get the URL for the pictures and put
url] and that should sort it.

Sorry don't know how to post up pics here, didn't know you had to be registered to actually see the pics, however to register works as easy as to register on MSC...

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
squarepants said:
once fitted there are large gaps e.g. between the grill and the front bumper

I've got this kit fitted on mine, I have a lovely fit between the grille and front bumper, although mine is a pre facelift so grille is seperate, will post pics at some point when I can be bothered.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Reconos said:
first off, thanks for the fast replies!

Second, my car is lowered 40/40, you guys shouldn't happen to know whether or not it might get to low/close to the road?

My Car is lowered 35mm all round, I can drive around fine, car parks, speed bumps, whatever, had now rubbing, when I came off of my mates drive i was over an inch or so from the floor. So you'll have no trouble if it's fitted properly!

But it is a pain in the arse to fit, no holes line up at all!!!! Thank the lord for power tools :-D

Angle Grinders and Electric Drills are essential for this kit!!!!!

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
would love to see your kit fitted ollie

*needpics*

Will do so Nex, Just got phone line in my new crib, just signed up for broadband so will do it all once i'm all set up.

I've only fitted bumpers so far, ran out of paint for the skirts! Need to get some mesh aswell, If you look beyond the bumper it looks a bit pants!!!!

Skirts should be fitted this weekend, it does looks a lot nicer than standard though, Have been getting some strange looks though, hehehe

254544d0b78a8d9b5.jpg

It's a rubbish picture, but it's the only one i could find!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
ollie240585 said:
Will do so Nex, Just got phone line in my new crib, just signed up for broadband so will do it all once i'm all set up.

I've only fitted bumpers so far, ran out of paint for the skirts! Need to get some mesh aswell, If you look beyond the bumper it looks a bit pants!!!!

Skirts should be fitted this weekend, it does looks a lot nicer than standard though, Have been getting some strange looks though, hehehe

254544d0b78a8d9b5.jpg

It's a rubbish picture, but it's the only one i could find!

OMG that looks the dogs!!! you did a better job than that other one, no pannel gaps at all! well done :)

can't wait to see that all finnished up, it will have to be added to the "Nicest k11s in the club" list lol :)

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
OMG that looks the dogs!!! you did a better job than that other one, no pannel gaps at all! well done :)

can't wait to see that all finnished up, it will have to be added to the "Nicest k11s in the club" list lol :)

Thank you very much,

The mounts it comes with are total crap though!!!! We took the original metal mounts off, grinded them, hit them with hammers etc, drilled new holes and it ended up really good!!!!

It's come up with a nice finish as well, considering we only used spray paint cans, it does deffo need the mesh though!!! I was thinking black mesh :)

The rear was mor of a pain in the rectum though, there is only places to mount it on the sides so it dipped in the middle. so we just put a screw though the bottom into the boot latch area. The rear had a nicer finish though, 2 layers of filler primer (sanded down after each layer) 2 layers of red primer (sanded down after each layer) 2 layers of Nissan Flame Red AJ4, lightly sanded after the first layer!

I'm also going to change the grille, hack the middle out, re-spray it (it's well discoloured) then mesh the middle!!

OP
OP
R

Reconos

Holy mother of god, Ollie, what a fantastic work! o_O and the exact same colour as my car! :p I found the kit in denmark for quite a fair price, 3500 danish kroners, which is atleast 1500 dkr cheaper than the one on that evolution page.

I might end up going to a painter to get the kit fitted, cause im no handyman at all! im more of a computer guy with geeky fingers >.<

But god i love the kit, cant wait to get my paycheck so i can go out and buy the damn kit! eventhou i dont have enough money for the paint itself :/

And thanks for telling me that you ahve no problems with speedbumps and so on, that was what i was afraid of ;p i mean, not being able to get past those sneaky speedbumps and stuff like that :p

James

Chairman
ollie240585 said:
James, I live in sheerness, but I will more thank likely be down the harps on a sunday after football training!!
You certainly sprang the kit on me by surprise there! I thought you were just lowering it!

Aww now I don't have the most distinctive K11 on the island :down: lol

Edit: I might pop down to the Harps on Sunday just to have a look at it hehe :)

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
No worries,

If you are not a handy person either find someone that is or take it to a pro to be fitted/painted!!

I would also recomend getting some mesh to put behind the holes, it'll look so much better, one good thing is that I can check my wiper washer bottle level just by looking at the front of the car, hehe

NeX

Club Member
ollie240585 said:
Thank you very much,

The mounts it comes with are total crap though!!!! We took the original metal mounts off, grinded them, hit them with hammers etc, drilled new holes and it ended up really good!!!!

It's come up with a nice finish as well, considering we only used spray paint cans, it does deffo need the mesh though!!! I was thinking black mesh :)

The rear was mor of a pain in the rectum though, there is only places to mount it on the sides so it dipped in the middle. so we just put a screw though the bottom into the boot latch area. The rear had a nicer finish though, 2 layers of filler primer (sanded down after each layer) 2 layers of red primer (sanded down after each layer) 2 layers of Nissan Flame Red AJ4, lightly sanded after the first layer!

I'm also going to change the grille, hack the middle out, re-spray it (it's well discoloured) then mesh the middle!!

with the grill done too thats going to be such a bad ass car :)

i have the open mouth second edition grill to and it it's a nice touch. also fill in the badge it makes a big difference.

black mesh would work sooo well. i got some crap mesh from helfrauds and sprayed it black and it looks sooo cool :D also with the red neons behind it you get little red dots like an LED display and it actually looks quite effective.

what's next for the car after the kit? it was just a bog Gx when i saw it at brighton now look at it :D

OP
OP
R

Reconos

Yup i thought about the mesh.

just as i wanted to ask you how you fitted the exhaust, i actually forgot whether or not you had bought the rear part of the kit.. while were at it, is there any Remus exhaust kits to a micra? cause i'd love to have a remus exhaust pipe show up underneath the rear kit :D

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
with the grill done too thats going to be such a bad ass car :)

i have the open mouth second edition grill to and it it's a nice touch. also fill in the badge it makes a big difference.

black mesh would work sooo well. i got some crap mesh from helfrauds and sprayed it black and it looks sooo cool :D also with the red neons behind it you get little red dots like an LED display and it actually looks quite effective.

what's next for the car after the kit? it was just a bog Gx when i saw it at brighton now look at it :D

NO NeX, It was not bod Standard - It had erm....a K&N air filter, a nissan tax disc holder, and nissan shoulder pads!!! lol

Next is going to be getting it through the MOT!!!! :'(

After that, new set of alloys, new exhaust system (the standard one does not do it any justice!! lol ) at some point i want to remove the 1.0l and fit a 1.3, so much more planned but all keeping hush hush :p

Reconos said:
Yup i thought about the mesh.

just as i wanted to ask you how you fitted the exhaust, i actually forgot whether or not you had bought the rear part of the kit.. while were at it, is there any Remus exhaust kits to a micra? cause i'd love to have a remus exhaust pipe show up underneath the rear kit :D

The standard exhaust system does fit with the kit, it looks a bit rubbish but it does fit, I have no idea about a remus exhaust system, sorry

OP
OP
R

Reconos

once again, thx for the fast replies ;) cant wait to get my hands on this!

OP
OP
R

Reconos

dont think i am, i might end up asking some friends for some help, or just wait with ordering it until i have enough money for the painting and then ask the paint shop to fit it before painting it

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
i would recommend u 2 do this especially if ur nt competent 2 fit it!
i was a little scared of fitting it myself but my m8 done a lot of the work.
my rear's on a little loose on the corners, needs a few more attachments, or might filler it in, bond it with the frame! once it's all dun i'll make a thread, with lots of pics!

b4 i forget, if u've got a 3 door you'll need to cut 12 to 14 inches off the skirts to make 'em fit!

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
very nice kit that me thinks..

Pity id have to higher my car cause it will be deffo too low on mine. Im hitting speed bumps with my front splitter.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
James said:
You certainly sprang the kit on me by surprise there! I thought you were just lowering it!

Aww now I don't have the most distinctive K11 on the island :down: lol

Edit: I might pop down to the Harps on Sunday just to have a look at it hehe :)

Aww poor James not having most distinctive K11 on the island, well hopefully (weather permitting) i'll have the skirts and mesh on this weekend.

I'm not certain i'll b down the harps on Sunday, but if not, i'll come meet u somewhere, just 2 show ya, and let you cream your pants!!! LMAO

NeX

Club Member
ollie240585 said:
NO NeX, It was not bod Standard - It had erm....a K&N air filter, a nissan tax disc holder, and nissan shoulder pads!!! lol

Next is going to be getting it through the MOT!!!! :'(

After that, new set of alloys, new exhaust system (the standard one does not do it any justice!! lol ) at some point i want to remove the 1.0l and fit a 1.3, so much more planned but all keeping hush hush :p

Opps my mistake lol,

at least it wasn't as bad as my car lol the first mod i had on the car was the Neons :D

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
NeX said:
Opps my mistake lol,

at least it wasn't as bad as my car lol the first mod i had on the car was the Neons :D

Oh Dear NeX, that's bad.

My first mods were K&N, Strut Brace, new shocks, lowered springs, Body Kit :)

Although Body kit is W.I.P. At the moment!!!

How's your 1.6 ATM??

James

Chairman
ollie240585 said:
I'm not certain i'll b down the harps on Sunday, but if not, i'll come meet u somewhere, just 2 show ya, and let you cream your pants!!! LMAO
Until you realise I have a 1.3 ;) vrooom :p

Hey people, just wondering if any of u could help me, ive got a W reg Micra, and iv been reading around and found out that people are puttin Rear Seat Ibiza splitters on the back. I was wondering if any of you know what Reg Ibiza's will have splitters that wud fit mine, any help would be great, thanks
:k11motors

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I think this is the way I would be heading with it... :)

micrawithalmerakitshopped.jpg

The altered grille and badboy matches the aggressive look of the kit I feel. Good work though getting it fitted so tightly. Should be nice when its done, although you need some better pics lol. :p

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
micra man said:
I think this is the way I would be heading with it... :)

micrawithalmerakitshopped.jpg

The altered grille and badboy matches the aggressive look of the kit I feel. Good work though getting it fitted so tightly. Should be nice when its done, although you need some better pics lol. :p

Better pics should be supplied this weekend. I'm going to re-spray it as i'm not too happy with the finish, mesh out the holes, and fit the skirts!

A full page will be displayed with lots of pictures, I know you lot like pictures :D

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Its a photoshop mate. :p Easy enough to do though if you know what you are doing. Just takes two bits of metal to be welded onto the bonnet, grind the welds back and then fill over to smooth it off and spray. :)