Nissan Micra AK12 Japanese Import March 2004. Anyone done an ISO wiring harness install?

Hi just wondering does anyone have any info on this subject. I want to transfer a UK standard Blaupunkt radio into a Jap import Nissan March 04. Has anyone added the ISO connecting lead to it, the 2 plugs which go into the factory fitted Nissan Blaupunkt Japanese unit PY140(very similar to the UK one but has no rds and needs band expander installing to get uk/europe frequency) have a 4 pin and 7 pin connector, there is also another connection for a factory installed DVD or Sat Nav unit above (not fitted) I was looking to install a replacement centre console in same colour with a standard uk micra blaupunkt stereo and the display module, would prefer not to cut stereo wires so i can reinstate old unit at a later date.

I have seen some Nissan Micra ISO cables for the Micra models up to 2000 and similar but they seem to be an adaptor for a 4 pin and 9 pin fitting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pictures of radio connections available upon request.

IMG_20201009_181703.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201009_181732.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20201009_181709.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181709.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20201009_181713.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181713.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20201009_181713.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181713.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20201009_181739.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181739.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20201009_181748.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181748.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20201009_181752.jpg
    IMG_20201009_181752.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 271
Maybe this>>>

Regards the band expander, if you are installing a new UK radio why do you need that?

Have a look at here

I can advise you what radio/air vent panel you need if you intend to install a double din unit like I did.

Hi pal, thanks for the reply. I was looking at that and some similar ones, but they all seem to have different pins, these 2 main connectors from my Jap model only have 4 pins and 7 pins, I may give it a go anyway.

Oh the band expander I am saying would have to be installed if I was going to keep the old radio, but they are not that successful I believe as a lot of the times the frequency doesn't change on the digital display.

No one seems to have much information on this Jap to ISO connection despite the AK12 Nissan March being a popular model in many countries.

Hi pal, thanks for the reply. I was looking at that and some similar ones, but they all seem to have different pins, these 2 main connectors from my Jap model only have 4 pins and 7 pins, I may give it a go anyway.

Oh the band expander I am saying would have to be installed if I was going to keep the old radio, but they are not that successful I believe as a lot of the times the frequency doesn't change on the digital display.

No one seems to have much information on this Jap to ISO connection despite the AK12 Nissan March being a popular model in many countries.

The additional pins maybe for speakers, most UK cars have 6 speakers, not sure about Jap/Aus spec cars.

This member would be useful to get in touch with, (KiwiK12) he seems to have found a solution for the same problem concerning the Japanese import Micra, unfortunately can't seem to get in contact with him. The post is a few years old.

Yea tried that previously, no joy can't even access that website pal. It's like the website is no longer running when you click into it. I have previously contacted Australian and NZ other sites such as soundtech NZ and ebay sellers from that region but they are none the wiser, can't give me a firm reply and seem to only have the similar harness to the ones readily available on ebay uk much the same as the one you posted earlier.

Having thought about this, I am of the belief that only early K12's (2003 and 2004) have that harness, meaning the Jap and Euopean and UK models all have the same plugs as you. The first facelift in 2005 was when they adopted the ISO standard.

Last edited:
Yes tried it pal, I am in Ireland not the UK. This is what I get when I try the link. I have purchased that Harness the other day anyway, just awaiting arrival, will post back progress all being well which will hopefully help some others if in a similar situation in the future.
1602798333291.png

Have you got any info on the pinout for the display above the stereo in the AK12, do you know which wires from the 10 are power earth etc?

There is red with silver.
White with Silver
Blue with Silver
Green with Silver
Another white with Silver
Orange with Silver
Yellow with Silver
Black with Silver
Another red with silver
A lime green with silver

Regards

Yes tried it pal, I am in Ireland not the UK. This is what I get when I try the link. I have purchased that Harness the other day anyway, just awaiting arrival, will post back progress all being well which will hopefully help some others if in a similar situation in the future.View attachment 72958

As a web developer I know your geographical location shouldn't make any difference however that maybe the case with that website because it is fully functioning for me here in the UK, unless maybe it's your browser, do you have the same issue with other websites? I looked and I cant see anything that is going to help you anyway so the website is moot point I guess.

Have you got any info on the pinout for the display above the stereo in the AK12, do you know which wires from the 10 are power earth etc?

There is red with silver.
White with Silver
Blue with Silver
Green with Silver
Another white with Silver
Orange with Silver
Yellow with Silver
Black with Silver
Another red with silver
A lime green with silver

Regards

No sir sorry not a clue sorry, audio upgrades are my field, sure though the wiring diagram can be found online somewhere...anyone???

As a web developer I know your geographical location shouldn't make any difference however that maybe the case with that website because it is fully functioning for me here in the UK, unless maybe it's your browser, do you have the same issue with other websites? I looked and I cant see anything that is going to help you anyway so the website is moot point I guess.
Yea it is strange alright. No I can access the other NZ and Aus sites just fine but as you say no help on there anyway. I will see how it goes with the purchased harness.

Yea it is strange alright. No I can access the other NZ and Aus sites just fine but as you say no help on there anyway. I will see how it goes with the purchased harness.

The craic is the page you are getting is what is known as a landing page, rather than display what is known as a 404 error/a blank screen they have chosen to use that as their landing page, off topic I know! Hope you get a win with the harness you purchased(y)

No sir sorry not a clue sorry, audio upgrades are my field, sue though the wiring diagram can be found online somewhere...anyone???
Well I have seen a thread about it but the people in the threads concerned were fortunate to have a UK Micra where the 3rd plug was installed and hidden away taped to the stereo harness, subsequently was merely a matter for them of purchasing the display unit and a plug and play situation.

However for me the 3rd unused connector I have on my Nissan March has 20 pins originally for either this primitive factory installed Sat Nav unit or one of various Nissan factory fitted CD Player options(pics below). There was also a TV/ flip up DVD player option on some of them. Would be happy to just get power and illumination to it, probably time, date and temperature if I can find corresponding wires. I doubt it would be set up for communication with the cars ecu etc so will probably not be able to get distance to empty, fuel economy figures etc.
1602801051583.png

1602800721321.png
1602800739565.png