Nissan Micra 2003 - No crank; NOT STARTER MOTOR

Hi, my Micra will refuse to start, there is NATS security light popping up and staying constant, but I know it should be working. There is an Electrical buzz sound when turning the key to run. I have replaced the starter motor, no luck. However, when shorting the starter motor when bridging the terminals, it fires right up

Video of sound:

I'm running out of ideas, If you know the issue or similar has happened, please do reply

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Ok, this could be a unit replacement that was not done correctly, have you had either the eps, cluster or BCM changed and then recently had a flat better or removed the battery.
I have seen this exact condition due to the security on one of these items, usually the eps as this is the most common change.

OP
OP
R
I got the car as a non-runner like this, so I wouldn't have known. But the battery has gone flat. Im going to replace it in a few days and diagnose the immobiliser relay and the starter relay.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
I will say 85% eps, seen this many times. The eps has been changed and the NATs has now kicked in, but if your confident it’s not eps let me know how you get on.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
If it was faulty yes, but if the eps has been replaced by a 2nd hand unit system or some dodgy reman unit, then the eps will NOT be faulty but have the wrong security code. When the battery has gone flat and the NATs kicks in, the car won’t start. But this is only my opinion, and I’m sure you know more about the MIcra then me, let me know how you get on.

OP
OP
R
Immobiliser Fuse.PNG

I have had a look around, and found this fuse on the web. I saw some charred fuses down there so I think this fuse may be the culprit as some of the other fuses i remember were charred.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
I’m not a mechanic so I’ll leave it to you mate. It was just my opinion of what I’ve seen in the past. Let me know how you get on

OP
OP
R
I haven't got my new fuses yet. hopefully when i replace them all it should work. But wouldn't this be worrying if they are all blown?

OP
OP
R
Hey, update. I found the fusible link 60 amp popped. All my lights come on with the new battery and I replaced the popped fuses but all the dashboard lights come on, check engine, PS, anti theft, parking brake ect.