Nissan K12 on Motorways

Hello,

I've been watching some YouTube reviews on the K12, having just purchased a 2009 25th Edition version (1.4 L)

A couple of the reviews have said that this would not be a good car for long motorway drives. How true is this ?

I find that a bit disappointing if true, as my intention was to use this car for a few journeys over the coming weeks to different cities from the London area (e.g to Bristol, Birmingham, Leicester, South Coast).

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Hello,

I've been watching some YouTube reviews on the K12, having just purchased a 2009 25th Edition version (1.4 L)

A couple of the reviews have said that this would not be a good car for long motorway drives. How true is this ?

I find that a bit disappointing if true, as my intention was to use this car for a few journeys over the coming weeks to different cities from the London area (e.g to Bristol, Birmingham, Leicester, South Coast).

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Total bull****!
I drove my 2006 160SR Micra from Netherlands through Germany, Denmark and Sweden to Finland on motorways, no any kind of drive ability problems!;)

Driven my 2006 from London through Wales, took the ferry to Ireland all the way up over into Scotland, up into the highlands then back to London. No Problems. Went on a 400mile road trip 2 weeks ago and same story.

Hello,

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Hi Iv got a k12 2004. Admitted it's as new having 27 k. I. It. Auto. Which is like driving a car with a much bigger engine,. And I drive on moterways at seventy and a bit more. With no problem , and on a track in north Wales had no problem cruising at over 90 great handling, my guess is people are comparing it to wazzing around in a V 6. Lol. And mine is 1200cc fantastic car. Iv never had a car with such a small engine, and now love it. Get on the moterways. Enjoy it. The car will ?

I think the early 1 litre K12 (like mine) is geared a bit lower, so higher revs at motorway speed.
Hi they are designed for this. Higher revs that is. They know UK moterways speeds , and the lack of torque In a small engine has to mean camshaft design, and a few other things made to get best torque at higher revs. Don't worry it's all designed for it by the Japanese, the best , ?

I had my K11 on a motorway trip a while ago , kept it at about 65 mph, I hope I didn't annoy too many other drivers. I did get 56 miles per gallon, though.

My wife had a Chrysler 300c. V8 hemi. 5.7 litre,. About eleven mpg. ? She had a badge on the back that read "smiles per gallon". My micra is a touch better. Lol
My -95 Camaro Z28(S) 5.7 LT-1 V8, with feather light right foot, swallows 9.1l/100km ~ (26mpg).
With a heavy foot, 28l/100km ~ (8.4mpg), the navigator showed speed 263km/h ~ (163ml/h).
It was mesmerizing to realize that your vision changes to tubular at that speed, even though I had heard about it...
"I'm not speeding, I'm just flying low...!":cool:?

14921962.jpg

14905893.jpg

15107180.jpg

15107178.jpg

I agree, Micra is touch better! ;) :unsure: :rolleyes:

14863257.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. Iv made many conversations,. Bedford cf with 7.5 big block ,. Delica with the same ,. Old two and a quarter series 2a with 4 litre V8. I'm past all that now. Lol thank God

I've been wondering about the clio 172 2.0.
Excluding the fact its French it was a pretty good motor and should slot in relatively easy.
To be honest though, the 1.6 is fairly spritly and I very done a good 5k on motorways this year in Dot the cc without any real complaints.

Also wondering about clio springs, but for now it can stay as tall as it is.

In my experience as an engineer, lowering springs has ways been nothing but problematic, hassle, dam right dangerous, and insurance companies hate it, the amount of no payouts , due to then not being told about it is eye opening,

Fitted and setup correctly then lowering a vehicle is no less safe than running stock (within reason, putting a car so low it scrapes arches and bump steers is a different matter).

That's from an engineer with 20+ years in design, vehicle systems and safety.

Fitted badly, poorly setup and not maintained, they are as dangerous as anything else that's poorly fitted, setup or maintained.

As to not telling insurance companies, the number of failed payouts is similar to the number due to failing to disclose stereos, body modifications or change of wheels. You modify your vehicle, you inform them, it's that simply.

The biggest cause of incidents related to mechanical failure are due to poor servicing and maintenence.

Back