nissan figaro/ k10 ma12

iv noticed that the nissan figaro is almost the same as the k10 so could i transfer the turbo bits from a fig on to my ma12 and what parts would i need to transfer and would there be much gain ?
is the fig injected ?
would i need an ecu ?
or could i just get the turbo, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and make it work ?
hope you can help.
nath.

fit is ecu so will be very different would be best to change to injectors anyway! ake its run better but gains would be pretty good!

you can bolt the mani and turbo on. you will need to drill the sump for the return and tee the feed from the oil pressure sensor. but then you come to carb and you have to ask yourself is it worth it? with the injection swap it opens up other more practical options like cg13 (more parts available and better figures can be achieved) plus the cg would be more reliable when turbo'd imo.

pork

Club Member
Iv Bern thinking off doing this (dreaming more like!) but I was thinking of turboing up my bike carbs, seen somewhere else (bobs turbo bike carb page somewhere on the net) make up a plenum for the carbs and build inside the box a pilot tube for the breather pipes on the carbs. Anyone else seen this?

lol no it is a lot more involved, tbh cost wise i don't thin it's worth it the money you'll spend using fig parts you'd be best off doing a modern conversion

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
You essentially have to buy a complete fig, remove everything from the engine bay, most of the wiring looms, the fuel tank, ecu and all the other little components. Then replace the parts on the k10 with all the #### you removed from the fig including the engine. To make it work with the 1.2 an engine rebuild is required, the cam, valves etc... would need to be replaced with performance verions like the fig engine has.
But you can't use the parts from the fig head because the 1.2's valves are a different size to the 1.0L. There is a lot of messing around to do and a lot of cost involved, that's why no one bothers to do it.

Then there is the question of reliability, will a 1.2 block (with it's thinner cylinder walls) take the pressure from a turbo? Probably not, that's why nissan reduced the engine size to 930cc for the Super Turbo, to make it stronger.
Turbo charging an MA is something you need a nice big budget for and a high level of mechanical skill plus the right contacts to provide you with the stuff you'll need.
I think that the most cost effective way to give yourself more power (i've been saying this for years lol) is to sell the micra and buy a motor with something big under the bonnet. It certainly is the option with the least ammount of work involved and you have the added bonus of not having to thrash the life of it to constanly "prove" yourself to other drivers, coz they'll already know what it can do. :grinning:

You essentially have to buy a complete fig, remove everything from the engine bay, most of the wiring looms, the fuel tank, ecu and all the other little components. Then replace the parts on the k10 with all the #### you removed from the fig including the engine. To make it work with the 1.2 an engine rebuild is required, the cam, valves etc... would need to be replaced with performance verions like the fig engine has.
But you can't use the parts from the fig head because the 1.2's valves are a different size to the 1.0L. There is a lot of messing around to do and a lot of cost involved, that's why no one bothers to do it.

Then there is the question of reliability, will a 1.2 block (with it's thinner cylinder walls) take the pressure from a turbo? Probably not, that's why nissan reduced the engine size to 930cc for the Super Turbo, to make it stronger.
Turbo charging an MA is something you need a nice big budget for and a high level of mechanical skill plus the right contacts to provide you with the stuff you'll need.
I think that the most cost effective way to give yourself more power (i've been saying this for years lol) is to sell the micra and buy a motor with something big under the bonnet. It certainly is the option with the least ammount of work involved and you have the added bonus of not having to thrash the life of it to constanly "prove" yourself to other drivers, coz they'll already know what it can do. :grinning:

haha yeah cant argue with that chief (Y) obvious options nissan family-cg13+t, ga14det, ga16det, ca18det, sr20det, rb20, rb25, rb26, VQ35de, VQ35dett.

toyota family-4af (carb), 4afe, 4efte, 7afte, 3sge, 3sgte, 1jz-gte, 2jz-gte.

mazda family-13b or 20b only imo for a small car i would be happy with a 13b any day.

honda family-d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, b16a, b16b, b18c, b20a b20b. d series are the best for turboing unbeatably strong. a well tuned b series will scare the #### out of you when you hit the v-tech if you haven't drove one before.

mitsubishi-4g63T only one imo other than a 6g72 3.0 v6 which are mental when the boost is wacked up grr

go nuts dude do something different (Y)