Nissan Figaro custom Strut brace

Just bought thiss off of Ebay, dont even remember how or what i was searching but what a find
Click
Question is will it fit my k10 if so kiss my feet!
"Aluminium - 0,65kg unbelievably light !!!
polished - silver"

If not can i make it fit¿¿

link dont work mate

but if its one of these german figaro braces yes it will fit the k10 only thing you will have to check is the clearance between the bonnet and the brace but i'd think it'll be ok

let us know if it fits perfect cause then k10 owners have a steady supply of front strut braces

Its purty!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110166102780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001
38_1.JPG

Heres the link for the shop, seems to have a few red ones in, although there only steel!
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sakura-car-de_NISSAN-AUTO_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Link for a red one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SS-Nissan-Fig...5597869QQihZ001QQcategoryZ40192QQcmdZViewItem

It fits! yay :laugh:
right should mean the steel ones will fit too!
DSC00052.jpg

Bit tight but should have more of a gap on the ma10's as mine is a ma12, taller block.
DSC00053.jpg

That looks nice. Do the bits on each end sit totally flat on the bodywork?

I'm not sure if i should replace mine or not, as the red figaro one does look nice! Mine cost me about £140 though lol

xStrut_red.jpg

No it was an exact fit, had to sit on the car a bit and bouncy bouncy but you do find that sometimes with strut braces. Yes it fits perfectly with the body and is very nice!

Think your make a mistake getting the red one, they look identical but are steal instead. Could just paint your current one.

Heres the Ebay page again, they even have a few k11 bits. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sakura-car-de_NISSAN-AUTO_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Heres there main website in german, http://www.sakura-car.de/4670/index.html

anyway ill be going for a road test later tonight and ill post up whether theres any rubbing on the air box and general handling. lol

Hmm. My current one i think is alloy but it's adjustable, and i think the threaded bits aren't and they've rusted. The silver one does look nice though. Would look good in my engine bay with the 2.0! the current one although effective, does look a bit small. I'l have to think about it

Right, is that alloy all over? Ems reckons the ends might be steel, so basically the same construction as mine. I'l probably keep mine as it is and just spend the extra cash on a fuel pump or something essential lol

First of its far too light to be Alloy let alone steel, second its welded and a single solid piece so cant have alloy or alu centre with steel ends.

got some more pics but my computers being a pain, ill see if i can load them up tonight!

The Red ones are made of Steel, plenty of room to get the lid off (MA10s) and the Strut brace fits perfectly without the need for drilling extra Holes :)

this is going to sound like a stupid question, but whats the strut brace for

No question is a stupid question...if you don't ask you'll never know! :grinning:

A Strut brace is a piece of metal that attaches to the suspension mounting points to improve the rigidity of the chassis. By strengthening the suspension turrets, the suspension geometry is kept stable by reducing the movement of the inner wings, increasing road holding and reducing tyre wear. They are strongly recommended for cars with low profile tyres.....or people who drive Micras...lol!

The k10 has such little chassis flex a strut brace is only really cosmetic.

That's crap!! K10's are built like tin cans. You can see the chassis twist if you jack one front wheel up! I've got a strut brace on mine and it has made a difference, but it helps to uprate the shocks, springs and tyres too :)

a unitary body shell is designed to flex a bit, try jacking one corner of a brand new car and see if the f/doors open and shut properly !.
a suspension turret that is,nt weakened by rust will flex very little imo.
but on a rally car a strut brace is more than cosmetic

That's crap!! K10's are built like tin cans. You can see the chassis twist if you jack one front wheel up! I've got a strut brace on mine and it has made a difference, but it helps to uprate the shocks, springs and tyres too :)

I don't know myself, but I have read this in the past- a test on it. Look about a third of the way down the page for the strut brace necessity test:

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1416

hope the link works.

I have 2 front braces on my other car, adding the second did make a difference- mainly in steering feel.

Interesting thread that! Functional or not, they still look pretty good lol. I don't know how accurate his tests were though, i mean that's not how a strut brace works (attached to one bolt).. anyway, i'm happy with my one :p

The k10 has such little chassis flex a strut brace is only really cosmetic.

are you having a laugh! thats the stupidest comment i've seen all day! the k10 has terrible flex and rolls a huge amount esp on standard suspension.

as for the strut brace being an exact fit why are you all so surprised, the figaro IS a K10 Micra....... under the shell its the same chassis floor pan, suspension etc etc etc

i think he put that brace on to test for flexing, he found that the cable tie moved by half a mil after some hard cornering

as for the strut brace being an exact fit why are you all so surprised, the figaro IS a K10 Micra....... under the shell its the same chassis floor pan, suspension etc etc etc

Good info, cheers! (Y)

I can definately say that the Strut brace DOES WORK! I reckon at least 20% better road holding than before which doesn't sound alot but squidgy tyres don't help much either! lol!

Good info, cheers! (Y)

I can definately say that the Strut brace DOES WORK! I reckon at least 20% better road holding than before which doesn't sound alot but squidgy tyres don't help much either! lol!

Yeah ill back you up there, theres a lot less understeer now the strut brace is on. the test that guy was doing doesnt really test the up and down movement of the struts.
Plus i cant trust someone who hacks up there top mounts just to increase the camber. Theres camber adjusting bolts available for the k11 which i bet would fit or you you could just have the standard hub to strut bolts machined down, its gotta be safer than hacking your top mounts!

crogs' setup wasnt supposed to be a strut brace......it is designed to MEASURE the ammount that the suspension mounts have moved towards each other during a hard driving run

....it works a bit like a 'peak flow meter' that the doctor uses on you when testing for asthma

crogs' setup wasnt supposed to be a strut brace......it is designed to MEASURE the ammount that the suspension mounts have moved towards each other during a hard driving run

....it works a bit like a 'peak flow meter' that the doctor uses on you when testing for asthma

ah ha! so that's what it's for!....thanks for the explaination (Y)

have a read mate, its very interesting!

you ain't wrong there! Looks like you're a bit of a celebrity then, cracking read and some really interesting ideas...like the twin roll bar setup....:cool:
I loved that pic with the Eurospec car...LOL!

Keep up the good work (Y)

Back