Nissan 200SX. (S13)

Fordy has a 200, can't remember if it's an S13 or S14. Think Retepetsir might have one too, again can't remember if it's a 13 or 14

s13's are great but they rust something terriable esp round the boot area, the standard spoiler just holds the moisture in and rots the boot. ive always wanted one but they are always high miles and rusty as. if i could get a nice clean one id get it in a heartbeat.

Agree with speedle. Good S13s are hard to find, fun tho!

my auntie had a bog stock s13 in white, the boot lid was replaced for a new item and the spoiler removed but apart from that, it was as the showroom sold it.

she got rid in 1999 for a mitubishi shogun and got £275 for it... GRR she then got a lexus rx300 and now has a porsche 911 carerra 4S 997..............god i hate my life..lol

i was looking into them but i found that the main problems are if you get a relitivly cheap one they usualy have big engine mods done ontop of a poorly serviced engine and it seems to cause alot of problems with them.

however, find a good one done properly / serviced / looked after well and ur gunna be smiling all day every day.!!! :)

a mate of mine had one with a huuuge turbo and stainless manifold but the rest of the engine bay looked like it hadnt been touched since it left the factory..

he let me have a rev of it and you could rev the nads off it before the turbo even woke up...

if you wanted the dump valve to work you would have to rev it to 5000rpm and hold it for a few seconds before you could hear the turbo spooling...

it was shocking to drive too, no power at all until 4000rpm then wooooosh and detonation.....fllowed by misfire......followed by rev limiter

he though it was running "about 300 brake mate" in his dreams..

attachment.php

Mine is mint. Slightly modified

Ive had a few s13's now and a s14 silvia.
You need to have a good look around if you want a s13 that will last, the ca engines are cheap to mod and can easily achieve 260-280bhp but without any looking after they will die.
Have you looked at 180sx's? Basically a s13 with a much better engine (sr20det) imo.

I cannot insure the SR20 versions. However, upon my research on the CA18DET, is it praised by a lot of people. It has been said that it is near enough an RB engine but with 2 less pistons. It has an iron block and a square design which allows for a very high rev range.

Sounds good to me, even if it is 170bhp stock. I do consider that quite high though, for someone of my age anyways.

I like the sx's, they do look a bit boring standard though, rather bland! I'm sure they make up for it in driving! :)

Back