Nissa Micra 2009 K12 Reverse Camera Wiring Help

Hi All,

Recently switched to 2009 k12 from vauxhall corsa so new to k12 mechanics. I wanted to transfer my Auto Vox M1W Reverse Camera to the K12. However, the only issue is, I am not sure which is the postive reverse wire. I need to splice in the postive and ground wire to the k12 reverse lights. Can anyone let me know which colour it is? If you have a diagram, much appreciated.

Thanks,

I can only advise it being red from the diagram I have been looking at recently but im guessing the wire could also be green I will upload later on for you.The diagram i'm viewing.

Here are some helpful diagrams I'm in the process of same thing but waiting for a less windy day
Screenshot_2020-02-17-01-51-36.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-02-17-01-51-50.jpeg
P_20200125_010656_1.jpeg
P_20200125_004645.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I can only advise it being red from the diagram I have been looking at recently but im guessing the wire could also be green I will upload later on for you.The diagram i'm viewing.

Hi,

I was able to access the rear lights and noticed I had 2 reds wire. Please see the pictures attached.

From Top to bottom, the wiring colour is:

1. Red
2. Red
3. White/Pale Yellow (Pics is not clear so will check tomorrow again, lol)
4. Purple
5. Yellow

* Which is the positive wire and which was is the negative wire. I was expecting black but just different random colours.

Any help, much appreciated. Hoping to fit it tomorrow so need to get the wiring right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_152643.jpg
    IMG_20200222_152643.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20200222_152712.jpg
    IMG_20200222_152712.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 905
  • IMG_20200222_152722.jpg
    IMG_20200222_152722.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 609
Are they any visible traces or copper tracks to the light bulbs that is the backup lamp I have not had chance to even look at mine yet.
I think its going to take a multi meter and a helper with in the driver seat because for me I was unable to see the reverse lamp light with the ignition set to first position while in reverse gear.
I think it would be best to confirm the ground and positive wire and that you are on the reverse lamp wire.

Just to clarify this, is yours a left hand drive (non UK) car?
Your pictures show the RH rear light, which in the UK, houses the high intensity rear light, the back up light being in the N/S LH rear lamp....The loom and wiring colours almost certainly is different between RH and LH drive cars.........
However I can confirm that on the rear light, with the back up light in it, the +ve power feed to the bulb centre connection is to the upper most pin in the connector block, in your pictures the red wire on the outside of the plug, the inboard red wire feeds the indicator bulb.......Again on the rear lamp on the other side, the top most pin in the connector is the +ve power feed to the high intensity rear light, with the pin below it again feeding the indicator bulb.........The ground -ve feed for the whole lamp is the middle pin, white wire feed in your pictures........

Wouldn't have ever guessed left hand drive car myself.
I was going to suggest using a multimeter/test light and probe the wires till you find the 12v+. That should only be visible on the reverse positive wire when the gear is engaged.
And from what I have tested so far. Appears to need to be with the engine running so probably not ideal.

Managed to view it now with the car not started in pos 3 on ignition.
Its quite obvious that the white one is the reverse lamp.
So mine is in the left cluster.
Thanks john that is really helpful I thought I was going to have to video the lights.

Edit:- I ment the white as in clear circular part on the cluster and in looking at the passenger side one that's what lights up when in reverse gear.
Ps my car has lived in Europe before so the reverse lamp may or may not have been reversed to other side but I highly doubt it.

Also my fuel light is on. The wind is terrible so leaving it be for now a real shame. Because the sky is clear and very nice day otherwise.
I have the worst location for this and when its windy it passes right though and is real annoying.

Last edited:
Just to clarify this, is yours a left hand drive (non UK) car?
Your pictures show the RH rear light, which in the UK, houses the high intensity rear light, the back up light being in the N/S LH rear lamp....The loom and wiring colours almost certainly is different between RH and LH drive cars.........
However I can confirm that on the rear light, with the back up light in it, the +ve power feed to the bulb centre connection is to the upper most pin in the connector block, in your pictures the red wire on the outside of the plug, the inboard red wire feeds the indicator bulb.......Again on the rear lamp on the other side, the top most pin in the connector is the +ve power feed to the high intensity rear light, with the pin below it again feeding the indicator bulb.........The ground -ve feed for the whole lamp is the middle pin, white wire feed in your pictures........

Hi John,

Mine is a UK, right hand drive. One thing for sure, it's a pain to be working on the car right now with the heavy wind and rain.

The lighting is from the right light, I didn't think to check the left. I just assumed the wiring is the same for both lights. I am going to check the left light and see what colour the wires are.

Sure hope my situation is the same as sparky2018, the white cable is the reverse on the left side. Currently drilling a hole to feed the cable through.

I have to say, one thing I love about the Nissan Micra, how everything is easy to come apart with a few screws, mostly using a 10mm. Corsa was a bit fiddly to deal with and a pain to install the reverse camera on.

I just checked the left, it has red, red, white, black and red in that order from top to bottom so differently different from the right side.

Also, I notice there was a black wire sticking out from the light and it was spliced into the black wire, not sure what the previous owner installed it on.

I am just about to install a rear view camera into my micra dci ,I have a orange wire spliced into the rear light cluster ,and looking at the wiring diagram this wire runs from the reverse red wire to the audio ? As this wire will be live with the car in reverse I’m going to use that.Does your car have the same wire ?Also the wiring diagram says live wire for reverse in no 6 ie top and earth is no 4 ,hope this is some good.

Last edited:
I am just about to install a rear view camera into my micra dci ,I have a orange wire spliced into the rear light cluster ,and looking at the wiring diagram this wire runs from the reverse red wire to the audio ? As this wire will be live with the car in reverse I’m going to use that.Does your car have the same wire ?Also the wiring diagram says live wire for reverse in no 6 ie top and earth is no 4 ,hope this is some good.

Hi, I haven't installed mine yet, I managed to get my dash cam working finally, connected to the fuse, only thing left is the reverse camera

To be honest, I made a mess of the wiring on the left side, it has 3 scotch connectors on the wiring, I gave up in the end last week and now my wiring has 3 scotch connector which I can't remove as the moment I do that, the wiring will rip and I will need to get new wiring which cost £22 on ebay.

I decided to stick with the right, as it is still untouched.

I have a digital multi-meter, and watching videos on youtube so I can work out the positive. I decided with the negative, not going to splice into a negative wire, just like with my dash camera, will connect it to a metal screw.

Have you got yours working?

Have tested mine out without the wire and it works flawlessly.
Would have liked to add the function at some point. Although having the rear sensor beeping and another beep if it has one may get annoying.
So have not attempted to locate the right wire yet but will eventually take a picture of the connector.
And probably probe it for the positive wire. As this is all that would be required for my set up.

Have tested mine out without the wire and it works flawlessly.
Would have liked to add the function at some point. Although having the rear sensor beeping and another beep if it has one may get annoying.
So have not attempted to locate the right wire yet but will eventually take a picture of the connector.
And probably probe it for the positive wire. As this is all that would be required for my set up.

I installed my dash cam and rear view camera on the one fine day last Tuesday,everything went as planned ,except I uses the live to the reverse lamp ,it’s the top wire on the wiring block .I fixed the camera just below the number plate lamp on the bumper and fed the wire down the side of the lamp then into the boot.Everything is working just fine.

I installed my dash cam and rear view camera on the one fine day last Tuesday,everything went as planned ,except I uses the live to the reverse lamp ,it’s the top wire on the wiring block .I fixed the camera just below the number plate lamp on the bumper and fed the wire down the side of the lamp then into the boot.Everything is working just fine.

Hi,

Do you have a picture of your wiring harness for refernce?

For my cam at rear I placed it on the top brake light cover at the inside this spot I picked after watching a few guides and one said that water could get into the camera box.
First thoughts this would not work well yea it gets a bit of reflection and the rain can sometimes obscure the view a tiny bit.
Actually it works even when there are large droplets of rain on the rear screen.
For the outside fitment of the camera I was put off by the curve above number plate. That was going to be my spot.
May relocate it if I experience anything to my dislike. But so far I think good placement.

Here is my left rear cluster wiring from top wire colour is as follows..
Red
Orange
Black
Grey
Red

As you can see the grey wire trailing over to one side is the parking sensor.
I'm not sure if this is ground side but think that it might be set up to run from positive at the right cluster then grounds into the left side that I'm showing.
It's not a very good shot but it was taped up at the grey wire..
P_20200314_095913.jpeg

Back